W205 18"s on to a W204 - TPMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEETLE66

Car
W204 C220
Looking to replace the 16's on my executive estate W204 with a set of staggered 18"s taken from a W205.

As far as I can see the are no fitment issues with offset etc. If I'm wrong please advise.

But my question relates to the TPMS, I won't be swapping my existing sensors but using those already fitted to the alloys which are second hand. Assuming they all work OK is it just a case of resetting on the dash and away I go?

TIA

Does your current wheels give you the tyre pressures on the dash? Or is it just a tyre pressure loss monitor that uses the wheel speed sensors to alert you?

Does your current wheels give you the tyre pressures on the dash? Or is it just a tyre pressure loss monitor that uses the wheel speed sensors to curr
Currently I only have the loss pressure monitor, not found a setting that displays individual pressures.

Your system is more likely to be indirect which uses the ABS sensors, not valve sensors in the wheels.

Your system is more likely to be indirect which uses the ABS sensors, not valve sensors in the wheels.
Thanks for your thoughts, sounds like once I can settle on some alloys that have not been used for touch parking then there ought not to be a compatibility or sensor issue 😀

Currently I only have the loss pressure monitor, not found a setting that displays individual pressures.
In that case any alloy wheels you fit just need regular valves and then reset the monitor once fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom