W205 2014 AMG C250 Firmware/Software related Sat Nav and ECO Start/Stop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SoulOfUniverse

Car
C250 AMG 2014 (W205)
Hi Lads,

Just wanted to update today been told by Dealer Center that W205 2014 models had issues in firmware - software which needs to be updated to resolve it.
Issues I had:
1. TouchPad sensor from time to time buttons couldn't be pressed and sensor couldn't recognize any touch from hand.
2. Sat Nav when this issue occurs, it positions your vehicle on the map wrong and always recalculating the route.
3. ECO Start/Stop will be amber light for long time at least 2 hours of driving until its green again.

Been reported that this should be successfully resolved after upgrading to latest firmware and software.

I also hope this will resolve their issue with Radio selection sometimes it just skipped the selection - or signal reception is lost very often.

If only it also fixed the resonating Burmester speakers too!

Hahaha!! Good luck with that :bannana:

PS: I'm not laughing at you... I am laughing with you, as we are on the same boat with this Burmester fiasco and honestly I have lost my hopes that MB will ever fix the issue.

An update - recently picked up car from the dealer - ECO start/stop fixed now , touchpud buttons didn't have issues since, however I am experiencing other issue which I started to had this morning when bringing car into dealer - GPS Location is indentified incorrectly and always showing I'm on neighbour road I've checked the readings from satellites and sometimes precision is 22 foot or 30 foot. Viewed the map data - and they didn't update to latest maps 2015, just updated myself via GARMIN P-ILOT software but when inserting card it all reads fine however settings still show map is 2014, thinking of factory restore might resolve it?

An update - elevation was always showing negative values, I did factory reset and issue were still present, parked car for 3 minutes and tried zooming location till I see only one road and it worked, hate those glitches like that, spend about 2 hours.

Reading up and down the forum I am getting a bit worried,as a new MB owner things going wrong with a top marque, I had a Jag for 13 years sold with 96k and no problems........

Reading up and down the forum I am getting a bit worried,as a new MB owner things going wrong with a top marque, I had a Jag for 13 years sold with 96k and no problems........

No-one ever posts that their car is running fine though. :confused:

Looking through the internet will always bring up complaints by people who've had problems but, in reality, they're a small percentage. Many thousands of others have no problems at all.

Nothing has ever really gone wrong with mine in the 2 years I've owned it, apart from a few self inflicted glitches. I also had a Jag and that was fine too. ;)

No-one ever posts that their car is running fine though. :confused:

Looking through the internet will always bring up complaints by people who've had problems but, in reality, they're a small percentage. Many thousands of others have no problems at all.

Nothing has ever really gone wrong with mine in the 2 years I've owned it, apart from a few self inflicted glitches. I also had a Jag and that was fine too. ;)
It runs just awesome, those issues I've mentioned - are not major issues. Engine wise and transmission wise - I LOVE IT

I had this firmware update the other week. Still have the stop/start issue. 2 1/2hr drive home tonight and was over an hour and a half before light went green. All motorway driving so can't be battery charge.

I have an S205 manufactured in Dec 2014 (not sure if that makes it a 2014 or 2015 model).

Either way, I've never had issues (1) or (2) described above. I do however have (3) which I've always assumed was down to my often short journeys and dash cam which is runs parking mode when the car is stationary.

Will ask about a firmware update when I next take it in. Although having said that, I'm not a big fan of stop/start and haven't really missed it.

A useful software update I recently had for Keyless-Go stopped the annoying cricket 'chirp' which had been present since day 1 :thumb:

Really looking forwards to an update for COMAND nav to stop the stupid 'turn left at the round about' when it's the fourth junction you want.

Otherwise loving the car :)

A useful software update I recently had for Keyless-Go stopped the annoying cricket 'chirp' which had been present since day 1 :thumb:

Hi, do you refer to some weird 'cricket' noise coming from the central console, more or less above the ash-tray? That thing has been driving me mad since my car was new, but I did not manage to get it fixed by the dealer as the issue was intermittent and difficult to replicate.
Did your dealer tell you exactly what the problem was with the keyless-go system?
The cricket living in my central console makes its noises at random times, including when the car is stationary with both the engine and the Burmester off.
Thanks for your post anyway, at least I know that I have not started to hear voices in my head...yet ;)

Hi, do you refer to some weird 'cricket' noise coming from the central console, more or less above the ash-tray? That thing has been driving me mad since my car was new, but I did not manage to get it fixed by the dealer as the issue was intermittent and difficult to replicate.
Did your dealer tell you exactly what the problem was with the keyless-go system?
The cricket living in my central console makes its noises at random times, including when the car is stationary with both the engine and the Burmester off.
Thanks for your post anyway, at least I know that I have not started to hear voices in my head...yet ;)

I have the friendly cricket in the car chirping at me at random times too. I think the fact its not an unpleasant sound has meant I haven't rush to resolve it. But now I know an software might resolve, I will pick this up with Mercedes.

Holy thread resurrection batman!

A software update from the dealer will solve the keyless go noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom