W205 2015 Coolant Leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesPGUK

Car
C220 AMG PPlus 2015 & 2016 GLC 250 PPlus
I’d be grateful of advice. Coolant top up on and drive wet. Took cover off and I can see wet next to the fuel pump. To the left of blue markings on the pipe (image) I can see water. Can’t see where it’s coming from. Any ideas? Is it erm (feel sick) costly. Had so many issues with this car I’m at my tether.

Also on top of the fuel filter in the image I can see the plastic has split and that looks wet. The plug plugs into it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• E0BC5ADA-6432-45C6-B267-00364AC94B8D.jpeg
    E0BC5ADA-6432-45C6-B267-00364AC94B8D.jpeg
    921.7 KB · Views: 42
From what I’m reading seems to be fuel filter housing. Any ideas on dealer and indie costs. Or other advice.

Really not sure. How would I know? Log book said Dec 2015. Anywhere I can put reg in to find out?

Yes , first 3 of engine number in log book is your engine code .

Ok great thanks. It’s 651 reg Dec 2014 not 15.

So if it's the fuel filter housing coolant inlet outlet it's the original inferior two bolt flange now redesigned to new replacement part 3 bolt flange.

Any ideas of part number and costs Indy / dealer. Know any independents traveling from Clitheroe.
Thanks for your help

Any comments on fuel filter being split open at the top next to plug / sensor. Zoom in to image and you can see it. Thanks

Thats a well bonded sensor / heater as part of filter. . Has someone been messing about with a lever and broke it? Its usually solid . Just need to renew filter anyway as you will be removing it for the housing/ inlet pipe.

Have a look at my thread om651 erg and things.. i have a pic of removed housing. . Any bigger tools than a 1/4 drive set wont do you much good.
Get a decent 1/4 drive ratchet with a flexi extention or 2 and an e10 socket to suit. You may get away with an 8mm socket but may drop the bolts

Thats a well bonded sensor / heater as part of filter. . Has someone been messing about with a lever and broke it? Its usually solid . Just need to renew filter anyway as you will be removing it for the housing/ inlet pipe.

Have a look at my thread om651 erg and things.. i have a pic of removed housing. . Any bigger tools than a 1/4 drive set wont do you much good.
Get a decent 1/4 drive ratchet with a flexi extention or 2 and an e10 socket to suit. You may get away with an 8mm socket but may drop the bolts

Thanks. How many hours work to replace housing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom