W205 2016 Dash cam, can i plug into hdmi slot on arm rest box THANKS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hopefully the power lead what cause interference in DA, assuming you have DAB installed....

I dont have a power socket in the boot or the rear seats of the car Damm, you had me running to the car with a smile on my face as well, now back sad again, but thanks what a great idea that would have been.
Should be a 12v socket in the left cubby hole in the boot...IMG_2202 small copy.jpg

Yep you right it dosen't work you were right. i will go and check out how much a auto electrician wants, but the hardwire kit looks easy if i can find out where the fuze is, it dosen't have that in the handbook. Thanks for all your help. i will let you know how it goes THANKS.

Ahh you had me running to the car and Nope not one there, i think thats estate cars.
BUT I HAVE FOUND SOME FITTING INSTRUCTIONS ON YOU TUBE TO HARD WIRE LOOKS EASY, WITH THE NEXTBASE KIT SOMEONE PUT A LINK TO, Thanks for that.
I WILL ADD LINK BELOW. Just one question it says put in 5 amp fuze, if i put the air pump in the cigarette lighter would that blow the cigarette lighter fuze trying to pump up the tyre? thanks for you answers
How To Fit & Install A Dash Cam Hardwire Kit Mercedes C Class W205

Ahh you had me running to the car and Nope not one there, i think thats estate cars.
Yes, mine is an estate. Thought yours was too... doh!

The OBDII port has permanent 12V feed, protected by a 7.5A fuse (on my W204, anyway). It's easy to get into the back of it.

It's not normally the cable that causes the DAB interference, it's the power supply.

The OBDII port has permanent 12V feed, protected by a 7.5A fuse (on my W204, anyway). It's easy to get into the back of it.
It's not advisable to permanently power a dashcam that contains a battery, it usually causes the battery to balloon and pop!

It's not advisable to permanently power a dashcam that contains a battery, it usually causes the battery to balloon and pop!

I see, thanks. Didn't realise it had a rechargeable battery... my only first hand experience with a dashcam was a cheap eBay jobie that was sent back because it didn't actually work :D

How long would the battery last if the car is parked-up - does anyone know?

I see, thanks. Didn't realise it had a rechargeable battery... my only first hand experience with a dashcam was a cheap eBay jobie that was sent back because it didn't actually work :D

How long would the battery last if the car is parked-up - does anyone know?
The batteries generally don't last long, maybe just a few hours. If anyone wants to use parking mode, and hence have a permanent live feed, then the dashcam needs to be powered by a capacitor.

Time to change your forum name, perhaps? :D
Tried to look at changing forum name but couldn't work that out either. So I phoned the local car shop to fix it i will go there later and tell him i don't want it put on a permanent live, Jesus all this so i can close the ashtray cover. I will let you know how it goes ( nextbase kits will only work on nextbase i am told) and of course mine is a ring camera WATCH THIS SPACE, thanks gang.

I followed this link and wired in in to the fusebox in the dash......dead easy on the W205

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HA HA, You wont believe it, i watched that and thought that was what i will have, went to the shop he took it all apart, and the fuze holder he puts it in and hits on the brown fuze that sticks out further than the others so he couldn't do it, AGHhhh i will try another shop maybe tomorrow to see if they have a different one. Jesus how hard can it be, maybe i should have the wire instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom