W205 2016 UK Spec C Class Coupe passenger side stepper motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simm31

Car
C200 Coupe (W205)
Hello,

Apologies if this has been posted or covered off, but I've searched on here and cannot find anything so far...

I have a 2016 C200 C Class Coupe. The passenger side (RHD) air vent has a clicking in the dash, it's probably the stepper motor. Despite being under warranty, we're in lockdown due to Covid-19 and I do have a spare motor.

Is there a repaid guide or video as to where the stepper motor is and how to replace?

Thank you!

I had a noisy stepper motor on a 2016 C Class. After looking through what was involved to remove the motor which seemed to be most off the dash I decided to give WD40 Anti friction dry PTFE a go. Sprayed the lubricant into the passenger vent, turns on ignition and made several manual flap adjustments to get the motor moving. Turned off and let it dry overnight. Next day no noise and has been good for months. A nice smell of the spray for a few days so made sure windows opened a little whilst driving. I got my spray from EBay, went for the smaller 250ml can. Job done for a low cost and no ripping the car apart. Worth a try.

I had a noisy stepper motor on a 2016 C Class. After looking through what was involved to remove the motor which seemed to be most off the dash I decided to give WD40 Anti friction dry PTFE a go. Sprayed the lubricant into the passenger vent, turns on ignition and made several manual flap adjustments to get the motor moving. Turned off and let it dry overnight. Next day no noise and has been good for months. A nice smell of the spray for a few days so made sure windows opened a little whilst driving. I got my spray from EBay, went for the smaller 250ml can. Job done for a low cost and no ripping the car apart. Worth a try.

I did wonder if that was an option, so great will give it a go. I have WD40 PTFE spray so will try it tomorrow. Thank you.

WD40 didn't do much, any guides on how to get to the stepper motor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom