W205 7G gearbox throttle reset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lcummins75

Car
C63S W205
Hi. Has anyone done the throttle reset? Why do you need to do it? Does it work? Thanks.

If you mean hold the accelerator to the floor for 10 seconds whilst the ignition is on then it doesn’t reset anything.

It fools the car into thinking that that you have been driving like you stole it, and adapts by sharpening it’s reactions to your inputs accordingly.

If you then drive with verve then it will maintain sharp reactions. Eventually when you drive normally again it adapts back to a more normal driving style.

You can achieve a similar effect by accelerating hard from standstill or a slow roll onto a dual carriageway a few times. It prompts the car to adapt to your inputs.

Years ago I had a BMW E23 with 4 speed ZF auto box. I did every thing I want it to do with my left foot and no fancy potentiality unreliable electronics. OK you could feel the gears changes I rather like that and some times I think it's a better box than the 7 speed in my CLK.

If you mean hold the accelerator to the floor for 10 seconds whilst the ignition is on then it doesn’t reset anything.

It fools the car into thinking that that you have been driving like you stole it, and adapts by sharpening it’s reactions to your inputs accordingly.

If you then drive with verve then it will maintain sharp reactions. Eventually when you drive normally again it adapts back to a more normal driving style.

You can achieve a similar effect by accelerating hard from standstill or a slow roll onto a dual carriageway a few times. It prompts the car to adapt to your inputs.
Ok thanks for the info. Sounds like no point doing the so called reset.

Ok thanks for the info. Sounds like no point doing the so called reset.
Very little really, but some people like the effect it has.

If you decide to try it, then my suggestion would be to do it when the engine is warm, because it will shift harder, and rev higher for a while, so that’s best done when both the engine and transmission is fully up to operating temperature 👍🏻

Very little really, but some people like the effect it has.

If you decide to try it, then my suggestion would be to do it when the engine is warm, because it will shift harder, and rev higher for a while, so that’s best done when both the engine and transmission is fully up to operating temperature 👍🏻
Will do. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom