W205 9G Tronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickCW

Car
Focus RS
Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster!

I am looking at purchasing a C200 Petrol C Class AMG Line, I have been struggling to find many online reviews of the petrol apart from one youtuber who has one.

His has the 7G Tronic, one of the features that seems nice is the exhaust sound in Sport+ changes, including the "barp" on upshifts.
My question is ordering new the car is now listed with 9G Tronic, so does this still do/sound the same on Sport+?

Any help appreciated, as the exhaust sounded quite throaty on his videos on Sport+. :thumb:

Welcome.

Surely that's more to do with the exhaust system than the gearbox?

True, the sound is engineered via the engine/mapping and exhaust.
However companies only seem to engineer in the sound on certain auto boxes (usually DSG), I figured they might have changed things with the new box. Unfortunately as they are quite rare its hard to find anything out!

Cheers.

Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster!

I am looking at purchasing a C200 Petrol C Class AMG Line, I have been struggling to find many online reviews of the petrol apart from one youtuber who has one.

His has the 7G Tronic, one of the features that seems nice is the exhaust sound in Sport+ changes, including the "barp" on upshifts.
My question is ordering new the car is now listed with 9G Tronic, so does this still do/sound the same on Sport+?

Any help appreciated, as the exhaust sounded quite throaty on his videos on Sport+. :thumb:

It won`t be anywhere near as nice as the RS. I`m missing the Milltek Ultimate sound on my old ST :(

Very true, but nicer than a diesel I hope!

Did you buy one in the end?
I just bought a c200 amg line premium, it has the 9G gear box. Does have a nice exhaust sound on a cold startup. I got a short video of the start up sound of your interested at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom