W205 Accelerating Noise help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesPGUK

Car
C220 AMG PPlus 2015 & 2016 GLC 250 PPlus
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Strange noise coming from footwell / right side engine area when accelerating. Any ideas on what to check? 7g box 2015 changes gear smoothly.

When does the gearbox need servicing?

My car is Dec 2015. Only just started making the noise. Like a kid blowing a raspberry in the footwell.

NOX sensor was replaced recently so wondering if something was not put back right.

Not sure when to service gearbox, done 57k?

Last edited:
Hi any one any ideas it’s driving me crazy. Think it could be related to changing NOX sensor.

Not sure on noise, but if it happened after NOX sensor fitted I would be checking it in properly.

Gearbox is 38k miles on the newer ones I believe.

Hi, merc want diagnostic fee for looking at it, said it can’t be anything to do with NOX sensor being replaced.

On the gearbox apparently it’s life / 100k which seems a lot before a service. 2015 merc estate mag premium plus c220 7 speed.

Who’s best person on the site to contact about the cabin noise coming from the engine. Starting to get worried

Hi, merc want diagnostic fee for looking at it, said it can’t be anything to do with NOX sensor being replaced.

On the gearbox apparently it’s life / 100k which seems a lot before a service. 2015 merc estate mag premium plus c220 7 speed.

@JamesPGUK I watched the video, can't think what's causing it. I would suggest getting the noise checked out, for peace of mind. When it comes to MB diagnostic costs, I've found that the price varies between dealerships considerably. For example, in London suburbs it's 202 quid, but 8 miles further in Hertfordshire, another MB dealer is offering for 75 quid.

Hi, no not yet. Do you have same issue?

Checked boot at bottom of steering column and it looks secure. No idea what the noise could be.

Hi, no not yet. Do you have same issue?

Hi, it's hard to tell but the noise does sound similar, but I only get it on occasions it's very random at the moment. I've not heard it for almost a week now.

Hi there, was a solution/answer ever found to this issue?
Having the exact same noise.
Hi, 2 things out of all the messages that stand out. Bottom of steering rack in footwell or where Ecu wires come into the cabin rubber comes off. Have another post on this forum same topic.

Hi, 2 things out of all the messages that stand out. Bottom of steering rack in footwell or where Ecu wires come into the cabin rubber comes off. Have another post on this forum same topic.
I was given a similar suggestion which prompt me to pull out the carpet and check all the seals and plugs. annoyingly they were all solid and firmly in place which leads me to believe it’s something defiantly mechanical 😟

Attachments

• 891CB569-D42B-4DC4-B98D-EBD7EC3AAE5B.jpeg
    891CB569-D42B-4DC4-B98D-EBD7EC3AAE5B.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 95106AA8-F61C-4662-810A-EC99D5324EA3.jpeg
    95106AA8-F61C-4662-810A-EC99D5324EA3.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 41
  • B1E5EBA5-71B2-4313-8AB0-87DA25BF9A1C.jpeg
    B1E5EBA5-71B2-4313-8AB0-87DA25BF9A1C.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 40
Have a good look under the car...particulary so If there is anything that has been snagged on an undertray....
Also check exhaust mounts engine mounts, sway bar etc.
Does it only make this noise on acceleration? If so check all intercooler pipes arent leaking.
Their was a recall if I remember on a sterring boot that makes a noise when you turn wheel.

Check ad report back

Found out, paid for STAR Diagnosis - no errors, it’s the bypass valve in the turbo housing, not critical to running of the car but it sounds awful at its metal on metal

Found out, paid for STAR Diagnosis - no errors, it’s the bypass valve in the turbo housing, not critical to running of the car but it sounds awful at its metal on metal
Hi mate, did you get this replaced? What was the cost? I’m having the same sound/issue just started the other day when accelerating, it’s very irritating

Fix found, had vehicle repaired today and the noise is gone.

Attachments

• BBB60B40-FD8D-408A-ABE1-154CE8601A1B.jpeg
    BBB60B40-FD8D-408A-ABE1-154CE8601A1B.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom