W205 Airmatic vs Standard Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had a W204 for 4 years, and just had the W205 for a month. The Airmatic is a softer ride, and improves cornering stability.
Whilst most owners will not want this function, I ordered the Airmatic as I tour a caravan and trainer and the self-leveling is a big plus.
Is it worth the extra £800 - yes!

After driving a saloon on 19" wheels and sport (AMG line) suspension, I opted, without testing, to have AirMatic on my 19" wheeled S205 (W205 estate). Its the best decision I made on the car. The ride is so much more comfortable. Sharp movements are still transmitted, but other than that the ride is very smooth. The added advantage of raising the car for speed humps or poor terrain is also a bonus.

Hi all new to the forum and MB ownership. Have recently placed an order for a c200 sport with a few optional extras. Last week to make changes to the order before it goes to the factory. Have decided to add airmatic without having the option to test drive based on reviews.

Would love to hear from others about their experiences with the upgraded suspension.

I got my c220 Amgline with Airmatic, I had test driven a model with no airmatic and 19inch alloys and found it to be very firm and to firm over bumps and potholes. that made o for airmatic and after driving in and around London and down the A1 i can defiantly say it was the best extra i got!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom