W205 ambient lighting strips on centre console

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paradroid

Car
2020 C300 Coupe (W205)
Has anyone removed the ambient lighting strips that run down the sides of centre console?

Mine are a bit loose, and very creaky if touched, it all feels a bit cheap. If they're easy to remove, I'd like to take them off and see if a bit of sticky-back foam might improve things.

Wonder if it might be better to just replace them with these Mercedes C Class Ambient Light Enhancement Strip W205 S205 C205 A205 | eBay, they are described as better quality and brighter

Just watched the install video, they're not what I was expecting

Not sure as to how they are loose. To get to the ambient console lighting on the 205 you need to turn the console over. I have stripped these out and reinstalled them when I replaced my console and consist of long plastic transparent curved rods (these carry the light) that are clipped in quite tightly along the edge on the console.

Hope this helps

Ah great thanks. The centre console doesn't look too bad from watching a Youtube video.

Loose is probably too strong a term, but they flex and make a slight cracking noise when touched, that's what I mean. Probably just needs a bit of foam or similar to improve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom