W205 Audio 20 SMS not available with iPhone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doowruc

Car
2015 C220D
Hi all,

I have a W205 with the Audio 20 system.

I have paired to my iPhone 11 via Bluetooth and calls and contacts all works fine.

However, when I try to access text messages, the icon is always greyed out on the car's screen.

Should I be able to access this or is it unsupported for my phone?

TIA

doowruc

I've got an Android phone paired with the Audio 20 and the only time SMS works is when I receive a new message while the phone is connected to the system. It will then let me view the message on screen.
Not seen a way to view all the older messages stored on the phone.

Always worked with Android on my W205's & current GLC. Check your phone settings to share your messages.

I've got an Android phone paired with the Audio 20 and the only time SMS works is when I receive a new message while the phone is connected to the system. It will then let me view the message on screen.
Not seen a way to view all the older messages stored on the phone.

Ah, this may be my misunderstanding then - I had assumed I would be able to browse messages like I could on my previous Ford.

I have yet to receive a text whilst connected. I will get my partner to send me one to test it

Thanks!

However, when I try to access text messages, the icon is always greyed out on the car's screen.

Should I be able to access this or is it unsupported for my phone?
Not sure whether it will work with your car or not, but for cars that do support it you need to make a specific setting on the phone as follows:
  • Go to Settings>Bluetooth
  • In the "Devices" list, tap the one that represents the car connection
  • Ensure that "Show Notifications" is on
As @Vulture says, above, you can only display messages that are received while the phone is connected to the car, not scroll through messages received earlier.

Not sure whether it will work with your car or not, but for cars that do support it you need to make a specific setting on the phone as follows:
  • Go to Settings>Bluetooth
  • In the "Devices" list, tap the one that represents the car connection
  • Ensure that "Show Notifications" is on
As @Vulture says, above, you can only display messages that are received while the phone is connected to the car, not scroll through messages received earlier.

Thanks @st13phil - that setting on my phone was the answer.

Ahhh Brilliant! Wondered why mine was greyed out, thanks for the tip!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom