W205 Bonnet/Bumper/Headlight Alignment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For what its worth and thanks for the original replies on this. I wont bore you with the time frames too much but it took 54 days from raising my concern to getting a refund and out of the total ~65 days i only had the car 24 days.

The car went to my local dealer MB Harrogate first who were great and confirmed the fitment was incorrect and in the first instance suggestion was to loosen the bumper and see if it could be refitted straight. They tried but were unsuccessful whilst verifying they were unable to see anything suspicious. So the car was picked up and went back to the original dealer where it sat for 15 days with their bodyshop. Note at some point during my initial complaint I was also informed the car had previously been in the bodyshop for a headlamp bracket before it was sold to me and that perhaps it hadnt been done correctly...

The dealer came back and reported that the bodyshop had done a full removal and refit and that no evidence of damage had been found but it was offered that at some point the car might have had a small bump possibly in a car park...they would return the car to me the following week. That week came and prior to a driver collecting the vehicle I requested videos and that it be checked and double checked, the initial response was that it all looked good. When I pushed them to get someone else to verify they came back and told me the same problem existed and that it would be going back to the bodyshop! ffs. no.

So I requested they take the car back which they did. Frustratingly during the final conversations it was offered (verbally of course!) that to get the car right and back to factory gap alignment would require a front cross member and that wasnt deemed to be acceptable in this situation despite it being and MB approved used!

I am now looking again and logged complaints with MB and the franchise. I am out of pocket and they advertised the car at 1000 more!

This was all on a 66 plate C63. < 2 years old and less than 11k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom