W205 - Boot closing requires slamming boot lid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

devnull10

Car
C300D [2019]
Does anyone with a W205 have this issue? When I shut the boot, if I shut it as I would any other boot, it just bounces back open. Even if I push down hard, it still does it. I have to slam the boot quite hard in order for it to engage the locking mechanism. Is it a quirk of the C-Class or does mine have an issue? I don't have the electronic boot option.

I don't have the electronic boot option.

Are you sure there isn't a button on the boot lip?
mb-powerliftgate_o.jpg

I can close mine from the key, the lever on the door, or the button on the boot (plus the optional foot waggler).

If you don't have the auto option (only on Premium /or Premium Plus, I think) check that the latch is staying open on it's spring after being released, otherwise you will be hitting a closed latch when you try to close the lid which will then bounce back. You may need a new latch if the spring is broken.

Ernie

Definitely don't have it. Mine is a 69 plate AMG Line Edition PLUS and it's manual close only.

I don't think it's broke, it does close, just requires quite a shove, more than I'd expect.

Definitely don't have it. Mine is a 69 plate AMG Line Edition PLUS and it's manual close only.

I don't think it's broke, it does close, just requires quite a shove, more than I'd expect.
My SLC300 is the same, you need a firm push to close.

Have u tried to adjust the rubber bungs which are both left and right?
I think if I remember u can turn them so u can adjust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have u tried to adjust the rubber bungs which are both left and right?
I think if I remember u can turn them so u can adjust

Hero. I gave all the rubber bungs a few turns clockwise and it now shuts as normal! :)

Now I just need to pad the registration plate and surround out with something so it doesn't rattle like I'm dropping a bag of spanners every time I close the boot! :/

Hero. I gave all the rubber bungs a few turns clockwise and it now shuts as normal! :)

Now I just need to pad the registration plate and surround out with something so it doesn't rattle like I'm dropping a bag of spanners every time I close the boot! :/

Nice one!!!! [emoji4]

Nope, was like that from brand new, it's only a few months old.

That's a horror story in itself. Still waiting on them sorting a cosmetic problem out from November. Ended up having to complain to head office customer services. :(

Take the surround & numberplate off and drill the plate (4 holes) and fix back just to the plate. Then it wont rattle.

R

Don't drill it...just take it off and add some mastic....and replace it...just incase it rusts around your holes...

ioweddie - I didn't mean drill the car - I said drill the plate (and meant the number plate), car has 4 plastic posts already in place to mount the number-plate. They take 4 TORX screws (available from Mercedes in black or in silver) (and presumably already holding the number-plate surround in place.

You can't mastic it, because the posts stand the plate a few mm away from the body so the plate e doesn't rattle against the boot lid. Those plastic surround can end up rattling.

Richard

Gets rid of those horrible plate holders some dealers like using too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom