W205 Burmester Audio Disappointment - Any Suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The standard Mercedes systems going back over many models have always been really awful, and they are famous for installing lousy sound systems. Apart from the HK systems, they have never been able to get this right and I have never understood why. Back in the days of the W202 era the first thing I used to do was rip the Mercedes rubbish out and replace it with an aftermarket unit......immediate improvement.

I now have a C43 Premium Plus with the Burmester system and quite frankly it is far worse in every way than the Audio 20 that was in my previous W204. Lousy treble, muddled bass, and it also appeaar to be low on power.

The speaker positioning, size and quality are lousy and the head unit appears to be inferior.

I really don't understand as to what the big deal is about the Mercedes Burmister as it is simply not worth the additional cost.

Best place for it is in the bin.

I would think commercially it's great.

They can charge people thousands extra because of the big brand name and just install some shyte speakers and an token-effort amp.

I wonder how many people specify it and regret it...

This thread suggests not everyone thinks it is shyte but I'd be interested to know what the split is.

I'm surprised Burmester allow their name to be linked to such load of crap but then again, I'm never going to buy anything from them so no loss.

The only benefit I can see is it gives you more of the necessary wiring to upgrade!

I got the burmester in my w205 C300, coming from stock audio in my previous w204 and to me it got louder, a lot less distortion at max volume, and I think the 3d sound effect makes everything I play sound more lively. I have the bass turned up because I thought it wasn't powerful enough, that's my only real complaint about the system. i think perhaps the subwoofer isn't large enough or powerful enough.

Overall, I like it, but as is usual with things like this, I wonder what a more up-market version in an e or s class sounds like 😂.

Would I buy it again? yes. It's better than audio 20 for sure.

Hi guys - I've got a 2017 w205 c63 cabrio and noticed a bit of buzzing from the driver door speaker at higher volumes. Does anyone know if that is 'normal' for the burmester system (i.e it is inherently guff) or is that unusual? Only just bought the car so if it's not right I'll get it looked at.

Cheers

Hi guys - I've got a 2017 w205 c63 cabrio and noticed a bit of buzzing from the driver door speaker at higher volumes. Does anyone know if that is 'normal' for the burmester system (i.e it is inherently guff) or is that unusual? Only just bought the car so if it's not right I'll get it looked at.

Cheers

It shouldn't buzz. Speaker may be damaged. If you are going to remove the door panel to sort it out just replace both sides with upgraded units and beeg up the sound deadening padding.Depending on how much you want to spend, some of the arfermarket door speakers are not that expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom