W205 c-250 Estate - Changing wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wikimicky

Car
e-class
I am will have to replace all 4 tyres soon.
My 19” rims have had so many curb knocks they ain't pretty.
Having the rims cleaned up is around £240 inc VAT.
It's nearly as cheap to by some 18” rims and tyres. Questions:......
1. Can I just swop the 19” for 18”?
2. Will the ride be quieter or the handling be affected?
3. Will the deeper tyre protect the rims more

1.As long as the ET is the same or very close then yes. The tyre aspect ratio must be changed to maintain the rolling radius.
2.Ride should be quieter, handling about the same to slightly poorer.
3. Tyres with rim protection are readily available.

Just my opinion, others are available.

The 19" rims shown in my Avatar are currently in my garage awaiting a proper clean prior to going on sale, probably on the classified section on here with accompanying photos and info. The fronts have 5+mm, the rears have 2mm. One front and one rear have slight kerb marks. If you're interested in another complete set of 19" rims including tyres TPMS, drop me a PM.

I fitted a set of refurbished 18" five spoke rims for pretty much the reasons you have outlined. Got them as a full set with runflat tyres and new TPMS sensors. I'm happy to share where I got them from by PM if you wish. Not trying to be all 'secret squirrel', but don't wish to give free advertising away.

The ride on 18" is noticeably quieter and smoother. The rims seem to be better protected. Grip and handling have not been compromised at all. I still think 19" rims look a lot nicer. Ying Yang and all that. Should add, my insurer did not adjust my premium.

AMG 18" five-spoke wheels (pre facelift W205 AMG Line):
Front: A205 401 1100
Rear: A205 401 1200

Tyres:
Pirelli P7 Cinturato XL RF (MOE), (225/45 R18 95Y, 245/40 R18 97Y)

This link lists the various rim options for the W205 should you wish to have a browse.

Hope this helps.

The 19" rims shown in my Avatar are currently in my garage awaiting a proper clean prior to going on sale, probably on the classified section on here with accompanying photos and info. The fronts have 5+mm, the rears have 2mm. One front and one rear have slight kerb marks. If you're interested in another complete set of 19" rims including tyres TPMS, drop me a PM.

I fitted a set of refurbished 18" five spoke rims for pretty much the reasons you have outlined. Got them as a full set with runflat tyres and new TPMS sensors. I'm happy to share where I got them from by PM if you wish. Not trying to be all 'secret squirrel', but don't wish to give free advertising away.

The ride on 18" is noticeably quieter and smoother. The rims seem to be better protected. Grip and handling have not been compromised at all. I still think 19" rims look a lot nicer. Ying Yang and all that. Should add, my insurer did not adjust my premium.

AMG 18" five-spoke wheels (pre facelift W205 AMG Line):
Front: A205 401 1100
Rear: A205 401 1200

Tyres:
Pirelli P7 Cinturato XL RF (MOE), (225/45 R18 95Y, 245/40 R18 97Y)

This link lists the various rim options for the W205 should you wish to have a browse.

Hope this helps.
Thanks - just the kind of feedback I needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom