W205 C class (220d sport Priv) soft close boot problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toneil461

Car
C220d Sport Premium
Hi,

I have a 2016 220d C Class Sports Premium 4 door, which has keyless entry and soft close boot lid. The problem I'm experiencing is that the boot lid will not fully open all the time when requested, I have to press the the lid switch a couple of times till it finally opens fully. When I press the close button on the lid the boot doesn't always fully close, by pressing the close button again it may close fully or I have to close it manually. There is no limited height set for the boot lid in the on screen programming, I've checked that. Interestingly the last few days the boot lid started to function as it should only to go back to the intermittent opening/closing issue today.

Can anyone point me in the direction to id the fault?

Thanks

Terry..

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem!! Did you ever get this sorted?

I have exactly the same problem!! Did you ever get this sorted?

The OP hasn't been back since 12th May so hopefully someone else will come along and be able to help you

Sorry but I have not been able to sort. I noticed that it seems to be temperature related. The higher the ambient temp the problem goes away. The lower the temp it resurrects it self again. Strange!

Thanks, and yes it is very strange. The problems with mine are very intermittent too. Oh well, it‘s a great car other than this and a couple of other minor niggles.

Could it be a broken wire in the loom between the boot lid and main body?

Boot lid update!

MB dealer down south have replaced the boot lock mechanism which has sorted the issue,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom