W205 C Class Burmester upgraded and blogged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a link!

I think ill cheat by just adding a sub though lol

I'm tempted - but so anxious that any fiddling about with door panels and ripping out trim will introduce rattles and squeaks.

So potentially just looking at straight speaker replacements, and straight amp swop out if possible.

Don't tease us with that little snippet Alfie! I'm all ears :)

Don't tease us with that little snippet Alfie! I'm all ears :)

Ive replied to your email.

We spend a lot of time working out how and what to do in these cars. It isnt just changing the speakers but it is a whole lot cheaper than adding digital signal processors etc.

Last edited:
Having had the system for about 6 months, I 'think' some of the quality may be affected by the built in DAC.

On CD, and highest quality bitrate MP3 on the media register, seems to sound inferior to a direct connection via my iPhone (which has a fairly crappy DAC, but sounds more detailed even though it is compressed streamed music via Spotify Vs the onboard CD player with standard music CD)

I'd like to connect my Macbook and dedicated DAC to the car to see if it will consume the higher sound quality from my dedicated DAC, to ascertain if the car's DAC is really bad, but don't think it can accept RCA phono plugs or a headphone plug.

Ive replied to your email.

We spend a lot of time working out how and what to do in these cars. It isnt just changing the speakers but it is a whole lot cheaper than adding digital signal processors etc.

Alfie,
I have the same issue with my w205 burmester, can you let me know what you can do to solve it ?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom