W205 C Class Comand Latest Map Version

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Forestier

Car
W205 C200 AMG PREMIUM PLUS AUTO ESTATE
Just had my W205 Comand system maps updated at the dealership.

Car is September 64 build and maps were at 2014 version.

Now updated to:

Europe 2015 V6.0

Free update until car is 3 years old.

Easy to offer free updates for three years when one needs to wait for a year and a half for the first update becoming available. My understanding at least is that V6.0 was the first one available for W222 cars (even if cars from production had different releases until 6.0 came). :mad:

Just had my W205 Comand system maps updated at the dealership.

Car is September 64 build and maps were at 2014 version.

Now updated to:

Europe 2015 V6.0

Free update until car is 3 years old.

Good for you :) How did you manage to get a free map update? I took my W205 2015 to the official dealer only 2 weeks ago to fix an air conditioning issue, but even if they have updated the car firmware, the map version is still 2014.
Did you have to ask for it explicitly? And did you have to leave your car for the whole day? Please say no ;-)

Only had the car 3 weeks and the supplying dealer, MB Chesterfield, had serviced the car but not updated the maps or installed 2 minor software updates. (This apart, they were a pleasure to deal with).

As they are 180 miles away, I phoned Ridgeway Southampton, my local dealer.
first response was "it gets done at each service".

When I told them it had just been serviced but maps were still at 2014 level they booked it in.

My understanding with Comand Navigation, free updates come with the car but stop when warranty expires.

Sorry but it was in for a day, (although they also replaced blown leds in a two of the exterior door handles). I was told that, once they connect to download, they cannot interrupt the process & they never know how long it will take. I was given an A class C180 diesel auto, quite comfortable but I was glad to get my C class back.

Last edited:
Recently bought A207 E250CDi Cabriolet with Comand Online It's an April 2013 car and was serviced at the supplying dealer. I asked about map updates and was assured it would have been done as part of the service.
I've just checked and the map version is 2012/13 (V7.0) Europe
Can anyone advise what the latest map version is for this car please?

Conflicting information here. I have a one year old C200 W205.
I went to Mercedes site and used the download manager to update my SD card. This updated the software to version 6, but the mapping data remained as original - Feb 2014. I noticed it stated on the website that mapping updates are only available up to 60 days after first use.
I have seen on one of the screens in the car system it states free mapping updates for life. Also I queried this with main dealer who said they were unsure but would look into it at first service in January. So 60 days, 3 years or lifetime?
Can any one clarify with definite info?

Which Nav system do you have?

My post only refers to Comand system.

My previous W204 2012 model C180 had the Becker Map Pilot plug in system and map updates had to be paid for.

Hi there,

I would confirm using Genuine Mercedes Benz Map Pilot download manager will install updates on SD Card, however when you'll insert it in your car it won't be updated and will still show 2014 version I believe the update have to be confirmed in the dealer center as they will need to reissue new signature code in order to confirm changes been made to the card. I had my car W205 2014 Sep C250 serviced yesterday, they were updating firmware and software to resolve Sat Nav issues, but they forgot to upgrade my MAPS, done upgrade via download manager myself - but it won't recognize updates still showing 2014 v2.3 however in manager app was showing 2015 v4.0. Mercedes Benz site content is different from what their policy states for obvious reason I believe it can be done in Dealer Center as they can connect directly to your car and flash card from there.

Recently bought A207 E250CDi Cabriolet with Comand Online It's an April 2013 car and was serviced at the supplying dealer. I asked about map updates and was assured it would have been done as part of the service.
I've just checked and the map version is 2012/13 (V7.0) Europe
Can anyone advise what the latest map version is for this car please?

NTG 4.5 latest version is V11 2014/2015

Guys I think the reason why car doesn't pickup updated SD card is because of that statement, that its only valid for 60 days since 1st usage so my car is 2014 Sep its time been passed, I assume you can still upgrade its via PC software but car won't pick up changes still using old data, anyone can confirm that?

The only free updates come with the COMAND system and are available for the first 3 years of the vehicle regardless of ownership. They are a stand alone item and there is no need to tie them into a service, that may be convenient for the dealer but if you become aware of an update then you are entitled to it there and then. If they are anything like NTG4.5, work on it taking the best part of the day for the upgrade.

The only free updates come with the COMAND system and are available for the first 3 years of the vehicle regardless of ownership. They are a stand alone item and there is no need to tie them into a service, that may be convenient for the dealer but if you become aware of an update then you are entitled to it there and then. If they are anything like NTG4.5, work on it taking the best part of the day for the upgrade.

Hi Chris I related to Garmin Map Pilot update, which by policy stands as a separate update out from whole COMAND mercedes System. The problem happens with Garmin Map Pilot Download Manager - it sais successfully updated SD Card, however inserting sd card into the car just loaded the map and in My Map Data - it shows 2014 (v2.3) however should be displaying 2015 (v4.0) that's what I get in that Download Manager.

So the outcomes could be 2
1. Garmin Map Pilot has nothing to do with Mercedes standard warranty and all upgrades should be paid if not within this 60 days time frame
2. Garmin Map Pilot is withing standard Mercedes warranty policy and any update should be for free, but Mercedes Command System doesn't pick it up when it should do.

Thanks, I'll get in touch with local main dealer.
Would you know if there are likely to be any more updates between now and April 2016?

Thanks, I'll get in touch with local main dealer.
Would you know if there are likely to be any more updates between now and April 2016?

Updates are released in order to resolve programmatic issues, if they find more issues for sure there will be an update release, people spending ££ on those cars, so I assume they try to release an update straight away once they resolve couple of issues.
As an update they've placed on mine w205 2014 resolved couple of issues:
1. Touchpud sensor now always responsive (buttons couldn't be pressed)
2. ECO Start/Stop - green light all the time since all conditions are met and it usually takes 2 minute from the initial start ( before I had always amber light until 2 hours)
3. Dim light control of the dashboard now operates as it should (before any adjustment didn't take any affect).
4. Dab Radio now more constant and doesn't duplicate radio stations.

Updates are released in order to resolve programmatic issues, if they find more issues for sure there will be an update release, people spending ££ on those cars, so I assume they try to release an update straight away once they resolve couple of issues.
As an update they've placed on mine w205 2014 resolved couple of issues:
1. Touchpud sensor now always responsive (buttons couldn't be pressed)
2. ECO Start/Stop - green light all the time since all conditions are met and it usually takes 2 minute from the initial start ( before I had always amber light until 2 hours)
3. Dim light control of the dashboard now operates as it should (before any adjustment didn't take any affect).
4. Dab Radio now more constant and doesn't duplicate radio stations.

Thanks, but I meant map updates:thumb:

I see from your website that the maps are £50, but a PIN code is needed also at £150.
Is a new PIN code needed each time the maps are updated?
How often do they update the maps?

Mine's Audio 20 in a 205 and it's been at the dealers for software diagnosis for 4 days because the main screen display blanks out after a couple of seconds. 4 days! apparently they need a software patch written at MB HO before they can proceed. Isn't technology wonderful?

Mine's Audio 20 in a 205 and it's been at the dealers for software diagnosis for 4 days because the main screen display blanks out after a couple of seconds. 4 days! apparently they need a software patch written at MB HO before they can proceed. Isn't technology wonderful?

Looking at your location we may have gone to the same dealer.. gotta love the technology. Had my command updated yesterday, was told there is a new version out again in a month or so..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom