W205 C Class Comand Latest Map Version

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My September 1st GLC has 2016 in it. My dealer does not have 2016, the latest they have is 2015/2016. XENTRY (diagnosis system) says 2016/2017 available but it is lying because it is not and PIN codes can't be generated for it (checked 2 weeks ago) and theres no price or way to order the USB stick (checked just now).

They get sent the updates by Mercedes and they haven't been sent 2016 yet according to the dealer's tech staff I asked

To order a map USB stick yourself is about £300, so dealers unlikely to order one specially when they are meant to be sent it. The 2016 map USB *is* available to order.

Map install is quicker on NTG5*2 as its read from USB not spinning disk, so arguments for not doing it should be out the window.

Should be interesting as my COMAND is being replaced on Monday :) So i'll push about 2016 when I end up with 2015/2016 !! No doubt i'll install it myself when I do the next NTG5*2 Comand install.

Cheers

Richard

My September 1st GLC has 2016 in it. My dealer does not have 2016, the latest they have is 2015/2016. XENTRY (diagnosis system) says 2016/2017 available but it is lying because it is not and PIN codes can't be generated for it (checked 2 weeks ago) and theres no price or way to order the USB stick (checked just now).

They get sent the updates by Mercedes and they haven't been sent 2016 yet according to the dealer's tech staff I asked

To order a map USB stick yourself is about £300, so dealers unlikely to order one specially when they are meant to be sent it. The 2016 map USB *is* available to order.

Map install is quicker on NTG5*2 as its read from USB not spinning disk, so arguments for not doing it should be out the window.

Should be interesting as my COMAND is being replaced on Monday :) So i'll push about 2016 when I end up with 2015/2016 !! No doubt i'll install it myself when I do the next NTG5*2 Comand install.

Cheers

Richard

My w205 has just been serviced and 2016 v8 update to command ws done. Latest available according to MB Brooklands.

My w205 has just been serviced and 2016 v8 update to command ws done. Latest available according to MB Brooklands.

I heard V8 was imminent. Looks like thats actually immediate!

Just had this response from email enquiry to Mercedes Benz Customer Service:

"....In regards to your enquiry, I contacted the my Technical Department who looked into the matter for you. They have advised that the current European map is EUROPE 2016 V8.0."

There you have it, interesting conversation with Marshall Mercedes Eastleigh coming up.... "Why have you twice told me that V6 is the latest version for my car?"

Give me strength:mad:

Just to wrap this up....collected car from Marshall Mercedes and at last, on third visit, the Comand maps have been updated to European Maps Version 8.0

They did provide very good service once I put in a complaint by email, including the provision of a nearly new E220D as a courtesy car. I thought my car had lots of tech but the E Class moves things on a bit. This one had the huge central sat nav screen as well as the graphical dashboard with the option of three displays. So much information on view was a bit distracting but I guess you get used to it. Not sure about the coloured disco style ambient lighting though.

Software update before end of warranty ? Current version number? What else to check ?

Software update before end of warranty ? Current version number? What else to check ?

Hello,

Do you know what is the current w205 Benz software and if it is useful to update it before end of warranty or if they update it for free anytime later ?
What is the current version ? How to know it ?

And do you know what else should be checked on the car before the end of warranty ?

Thank you so much.

Hello,

Do you know what is the current w205 Benz software and if it is useful to update it before end of warranty or if they update it for free anytime later ?
What is the current version ? How to know it ?

And do you know what else should be checked on the car before the end of warranty ?

Thank you so much.

Just had due 'Service A' carried out, a bit surprised that changing 4 spark plugs costs £111!
On the plus side, the "Greasing sunroof rails" at £23 was carried our free of charge.
Say no to either of these and your Mobilo cover is invalidated.
On collecting the car, I was pleased to find a sheet of paper detailing the Comand map update just implemented. As the car has been out of warranty since September, I had not expected a free update so thanks to Marshall Mercedes Southampton.
Latest map version is: "EUROPE 2017/2018 V11.0"

......I think ? that the Map colours look different, more modern look somehow. Or is it my imagination?

V12 is the latest version for NTG5*2 (C, GLC, S class). But the way the update media gets to the dealers has changed, so the dealers will be confused and many will not know what to do. (I have assumed the fact that I now have the V12 map install media that I can get a PIN code).
We have had the media for a short while, so Forestier's dealer should have really been doing V12 - but it looks like his dealer has not noticed that they'll be charged for generating the map pin on a car over 3 years old so that is a bonus for Forestier)

So needless to say we can do V12 :) - and i'll check I can get a PIN code on Monday and do my GLC

But unless your COMAND is retrofitted or your car is over 3 years old the dealer will do the updates for free - normally only at service as they can only do it 3 times and get paid by Mercedes for doing it.

Yes, map colours changed with V11

Richard

V12 is the latest version for NTG5*2 (C, GLC, S class). But the way the update media gets to the dealers has changed, so the dealers will be confused and many will not know what to do. (I have assumed the fact that I now have the V12 map install media that I can get a PIN code).
We have had the media for a short while, so Forestier's dealer should have really been doing V12 - but it looks like his dealer has not noticed that they'll be charged for generating the map pin on a car over 3 years old so that is a bonus for Forestier)

So needless to say we can do V12 :) - and i'll check I can get a PIN code on Monday and do my GLC

But unless your COMAND is retrofitted or your car is over 3 years old the dealer will do the updates for free - normally only at service as they can only do it 3 times and get paid by Mercedes for doing it.

Yes, map colours changed with V11

Richard

Did you get a pin for V12? My car is due in on Fri and i have asked for a map update, the dealer advised me the latest version they had last week was V8 which i know is not correct

Update to the above

Thank you for contacting Mercedes-AMG.

I write further to our recent conversation on the 17th November 2017, as I was unable to reach you on the telephone I felt it was appropriate to write.

Following our conversation I have had a look into the availability of the Version 12 2017-2018 software for your satellite navigation system. Following my investigation I can confirm this software has been developed but not released. Once this software has been released all of our Retailer's will receive a copy of the discs to complete the updates. Mercedes-Benz Manchester have committed to calling you once they receive this software to arrange the update to be completed at your convenience.

Hi

I've got the PIN number and done the install. It has been released, but not yet as a USB in a nice box that the public can buy.

The process for service partners (i.e dealers) to get maps has changed and there is a process for them to get the map *now* (well, for the last few weeks). Its fully documented and I have been sent the process by Mercedes which is why we are able to get the maps !! But I can't teach the dealers to suck eggs, as thats why we have an advantage over them (i.e we read a lot)

Richard

Hi

I've got the PIN number and done the install. It has been released, but not yet as a USB in a nice box that the public can buy.

The process for service partners (i.e dealers) to get maps has changed and there is a process for them to get the map *now* (well, for the last few weeks). Its fully documented and I have been sent the process by Mercedes which is why we are able to get the maps !! But I can't teach the dealers to suck eggs, as thats why we have an advantage over them (i.e we read a lot)

Richard

Thanks for the reply, the above is an email from Mercedes AMG so i am not sure why they are saying it is not released yet, would you mind telling me what the process is please so i can tell the dealer, my car is under 3 years old so it is a free update.

Mo

They are saying it is not released yet, because it is not released as a retail release in a nice package so when they look up the part number they find it is not yet available.
They know the part number because the licensing system (on VeDOK) tells you what maps are allowed for a car and what the part number for each map is. For your car (for Europe) it is A222 827 01 01

I hope you'll understand that our company works very hard to know what is happening with Mercedes technology and I can't use our research time to educate the Mercedes dealers on what they should know (or Mercedes AMG support staff).

If you are in Lightwater (M3 J3), happy to update your car for you :) Sorry cant do more

Richard

E9B6B907-9B83-4F7C-9E87-8D72356EC76B.jpeg
Once again thankyou, I understand where you are comming from.

I would have come down if i was anywhere near you. I am in the West Midlands.

On another note i would like my firmware updating.... does anyone know what the latest version is and what is different compared to my current version, Photo of my current version is above...

The numbers do not really mean anything to me in terms of what hardware/software i have

There is new firmware (yours is from week 7 of 2015, so probably released sometime in Q1 2015, i.e what was installed from factory most likely). But I can't remember the differences. MB should do that for you at the service *if* you ask them to do it (and show them what you have at the moment so they know you know about it!). It takes about an hour in the workshop bay.

Just tell them it goes very slow every now and then if they need a reason !!

Richard

I have got the car back, maps updated to V11 (Just about) they claim there is no firmware update. How is the firmware updated? Is it like the maps where software needs to be sent to the dealer? How can i prove to them that there is newer firmware available?

My C class was updated on Friday, despite telling them V12 was the latest, it was updated to version 11 and still does not show a new section of m/way near me that was completed nearly a year ago!

(Edit - my £200 TomTom has shown the new m/way for at least 9 months now & is updated free every quarter)

Russ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom