W205 C Class Sport Accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zeb358

Car
W205 C Class Sport 200
Hi...new to this forum since I just acquired a new C Class 200 Sport in Palladium Silver. Never owned a merc before and I came from a Mk 5 Golf GTI which I bought new 8 years ago.

I had considered getting the AMG line but at the time saw the Sport in the Merc Showroom and thought it looked great as was. Suffice to say it was an impulse buy!

Anyway, since then I've begun to obsess a little about whether I should've gone for the AMG line instead - it does look rather mean and sporty!

In an attempt to get over this obsession I looked into having a Front Apron Spoiler lip fitted and roof spoiler instead. Both of which are in the accessories catalogue.

I had also considered the trunk spoiler but thought it might be a bit too much i.e. boy racer...ish. So when I called the Merc Service/Parts Dept , they gave me a quote of £360 (inc VAT) for the front spoiler lip and £240 (inc VAT) for the roof spoiler. Fitting and paint is separate and waiting to get a cost for that. Surprisingly the trunk spoiler has been discontinued as it was found to be affecting the aerodynamics of the car - apparently!

There is still the option of having the AMG kit put on but it is ridiculously expensive to do that and the improvement isn't going to justify the cost - imho.

Wondering if anyone else on this board has thought about having such accessories put on to their new W205 C Class and whether there are any live picture examples of what it looks like in the flesh?

Cheers!

I'm now in a little bit of indecisiveness about whether I should go for the addition of the front apron spoiler lip and roof spoiler (i.e. the Sport accessories) or to go the whole hog and have the AMG styling pack installed instead. The latter will be c£4,000! The former c£2,000.

Or maybe just leave the C 200 Sport the way it is....Arghhhhh...decisions...decisions!

I'm clearly bored at work ;)

The only real world benefit (other than personal preference regarding looks) for the AMG version is the association come selling time. Maybe. So it comes down to the cost/what you would like on your driveway ratio. However, would a Sport with added bits look like it is trying to be an AMG?:devil: Good Luck:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom