W205 C200 1.5 - EQ- Buying an Approved Used - noticed item missing from Factory Sheet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah the 1.5L is EQ boost. I didn't manage to find the control to switch it then. (fail)

From what I remember, when using the right “touch” square to navigate between the three parts of the dash, when selecting the most right there is a way to focus on the area where temp/eq boost is which allows to scroll between them.

Cannot find info online but will check in actual car once handover happens. Should be Tuesday. Will update with more details then or we will have the whole missing part situation on our hands again and I will have to create a nee username

I also looked in the manual but couldn't find anything at the time... which has got me wondering if the same 'focus' technique works for other data on the dials and which isn't documented. The engineers forgot to tell the instruction manual designers :)

I also looked in the manual but couldn't find anything at the time... which has got me wondering if the same 'focus' technique works for other data on the dials and which isn't documented. The engineers forgot to tell the instruction manual designers :)

Too complicated/obscure and useless for most of those servicing, selling, or *owning* the cars.

It's bad enough that they can't standardise on lighting and winsdreen wiper control systems or on cruise control (oh the irony - MB had one of the best setups and changed to one of the mediocre ones though at least they seem to have just one mediocre standard as opposed to some other manufacturers who run several variations acreoss their ranges).

I was quite surprised the W205 had MBUX type voice commands

Voice commands:
"Set temperature to 20 degrees"
"Turn rear passenger light on"
"Turn display off"
Aren't in the manual.

I tried "open sunroof" and "open drivers window" but that didn't work, not sure if that works for MBUX cars.

But "turn on rear window demister" works but can't remember if that is the correct phrasing.

There are other documented voice commands in the manual

Last edited:
I was quite surprised the W205 had MBUX type voice commands

Voice commands:
"Set temperature to 20 degrees"
"Turn rear passenger light on"
"Turn display off"
Aren't in the manual.

I tried "open sunroof" and "open drivers window" but that didn't work, not sure if that works for MBUX cars.

But "turn on rear window demister" works but can't remember if that is the correct phrasing.

There are other documented voice commands in the manual
"Show me the switch for the... Ok, found it"

"Where's the button for... Ah, there it is"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom