W205 C200 1.5 - EQ- Buying an Approved Used - noticed item missing from Factory Sheet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

centas

Car
Mercedes C200 (W205)
UPDATE: All good - just realised the pictures do not capture the whole door frame. Just a first big purchase like this terms of a car so freaking out a little :) Hope you can see the funny side. On a good side - will post pictures once will take delivery of the car :)

Hello! I am in a process of buying an Approved Used C Class - AMG Line.

Was looking for a car for a long time and have finally got one in the spec I really wanted - but only got the spec without pictures. Put a deposit down right away. After 2 long weeks of waiting for the car finally arrived at the dealer.

I went to test drive it yesterday - all good - happy days. Signed the documents etc - just waiting to get the link to make the final payment.

In the anticipation of the car was looking at the car reviews and noticed that there are usually Mercedes-Benz seals in the door, I checked the spec sheet that had sent over it mentions the following:
U25​
Illuminated Door Sill​

The MB Decoder mentions the same thing. But when was looking over the pictures I took after the test drive, I cannot see it there? See the picture attached.

Still waiting to hear back from the dealer - sent an email out with my notes. There are few more tiny issues that are not really deal-breakers but so far the salesperson seems to only answer some of my questions.

If a factory fitted part is missing my main concern now is what else may be missing in the car and mainly - why is it missing in the first place?

Any advice on this? would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• door.png
    door.png
    862 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
You've missed the door sills in your image, so can't tell :)

But on the door sills there is a silver aluminum plate with the words 'Mercedes-Benz' in translucent white. At night they flash and light up as you enter, and light as you exit the car.

I doubt it would be missing.

Screenshot 2021-05-22 at 22.31.16.png

Omg that red leather interior!!!

I swear I am a lot more rational person on a daily basis but this has really taken me on an emotional roller coaster this morning 😁

Arghhh.... pano roof! 😠

:D

No door sill but...
😂

And panoramic roof!! Wowzer! Now I want one! :)

Maybe next one around. Got a whole car pic from the side... so I don’t get confused that wheels are missing... 😆

Attachments

• 978E64F6-620A-4E58-ACD6-0926AD47A6BA.jpeg
    978E64F6-620A-4E58-ACD6-0926AD47A6BA.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 12
What questions do you have that the dealer isn't answering? I don't tend to check in that often here these days but you can find me on the UK's largest W205 group.

One watch out is if the car is not Premium or Premium Plus spec, it won't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto which tends to hack some people off being a 2018+ year car.

You've got the excellent 19 inch rims, I have those too :)

What questions do you have that the dealer isn't answering? I don't tend to check in that often here these days but you can find me on the UK's largest W205 group.

One watch out is if the car is not Premium or Premium Plus spec, it won't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto which tends to hack some people off being a 2018+ year car.
Yeah I almost bought one and then discovered it didn’t have CarPlay. This forum came in really useful in my research so reading happy with my purchase :) it has the premium pack

You've got the excellent 19 inch rims, I have those too :)
Nice! Yeah those were “nice to have” for me as was looking for a car. I found this one via dealer and told them the budget, some most important parameters and the sales person have sent me the spec sheet and under my budget. So have put a deposit for it before seeing the car with my own eyes. 2 weeks later I finally took it for a test drive.

the only thing was that the front tyres are 4mm, which is meant to be fine by Approved Used standards.

The digital dashboard is great too, more flexible than BMW 3 series.

The 1.5 EQ boost is a smooth quiet engine if the revs are kept at reasonable levels, and relatively punchy pickup. Economy is near diesel if driven gently. The only curio thing is it doesn't display the engine temperature in the standard instrumentation like other cars do, so you need to wait around 20 mins with the assumption the engine has warmed up by then if you give it any welly.

How do you mean? I drove one of these in the Netherlands and it had a temp display in °C.

It has the EQ boost meter instead?

The VIN was WDD2050761R, and it was a 2019 C180 with the M264 1.5L engine - I am assuming its the EQ boost model?

That's from the VIN decoder:

Screenshot-20210522-234250-Chrome.jpg

You can swap eq boost and the temperature gauge on the digital dash, i am pretty sure I have done it by accident when test driving. Using the steering wheel touch buttons

You can swap eq boost and the temperature gauge on the digital dash, i am pretty sure I have done it by accident when test driving. Using the steering wheel touch buttons

And you can to us 'seasoned veterans' for advice.. .... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom