W205 c200 horn goes off with heating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mehmood1994

Car
C200 w205
So after spending a while trying to figure out why my horn keeps going off "randomly" when driving around I've realised that it happens when the heating is on... Does not happen when I have the air con on...
Anyone have any ideas as to why this happens? Or will I have to open up the fuse boxes and/or the center console to see if there is anything going on behind it? Any guidance would be much appreciated in terms of where to look first and possible causes! Thanks in advance

Perhaps just a summer use car? I'm sorry, it must be infuriating but it really did make me laugh when I read this. I'm doubly sorry not to be able to offer any advice either, I'm no help at all here.

Do please keep us updated when you get it sorted out though.

Perhaps just a summer use car? I'm sorry, it must be infuriating but it really did make me laugh when I read this. I'm doubly sorry not to be able to offer any advice either, I'm no help at all here.

Do please keep us updated when you get it sorted out though.

Yep it's rubbish, especially having to drive with the windscreen fogging up and then turning the air con on now that it's getting colder

Air Con is designed to be used all year round...it ensures a constant temp, not just ice cold air....

I suspect someone has had part of the dashboard apart and snagged a wire when putting it back together, creating a short circuit...

Air Con is designed to be used all year round...it ensures a constant temp, not just ice cold air....

I suspect someone has had part of the dashboard apart and snagged a wire when putting it back together, creating a short circuit...
Great😒 so I'll start with center console

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom