w205 c200 Screen Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evomad007

Car
1973 350se Gold LHD
Hi Guys,

Been a while since ive been in a merc but im back in one now. Recently acquired a c200 amg premium line plus and I have a few niggling issues. My main bug bear at the moment is that the Display screen goes blank randomly and then comes back on randomly. The Nav radio etc still work and i can access some of it on the instrument panel.

I have tried the reboot by holding down the eject button and also tried keeping the on button pressed but to no avail. I have also disconnected the battery yet it still does the same!

Any help, ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated

Same issue arose here - C200 estate prem+. 2020. Only once but just got car, I’ll Keep an eye on this. It went off as I reversed out, then one camera screen came back, then normal service resumed.

Same issue arose here - C200 estate prem+. 2020. Only once but just got car, I’ll Keep an eye on this. It went off as I reversed out, then one camera screen came back, then normal service resumed.

It's a 2020 car... so this merits a trip to the dealer to have it checked under warranty.

I had a loan car GLB that the right hand screen blanked out completely, no speedometer or any showed, the only way to get it to come back to life was to switch off the car lock it and leave it for 5 minutes then every worked perfectly.
There seems to be an issue with these screens, needless to say the dealer pretended to be surprised when I told them about it when the loan car was returned.

I had a loan car GLB that the right hand screen blanked out completely, no speedometer or any showed, the only way to get it to come back to life was to switch off the car lock it and leave it for 5 minutes then every worked perfectly.
There seems to be an issue with these screens, needless to say the dealer pretended to be surprised when I told them about it when the loan car was returned.
lol doesnt suprise me

UPDATE

So ive managed to solve the problem. It was either going to be the wiring or the screen as fuses and battery were fine. I opted for the easier fix and took a chance on a replacement screen from ebay. It worked!! Thanks for your input guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom