W205 C220 CDI models

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mossy

Car
C220 CDI Sport
Hi
was just having a look at these as i might change my 2009

Does anyone know how to differentiate between the following models and which model is worth getting?

Bluetec AMG Line
Bluetec AMG Line Premium
Bluetec AMG Premium Plus
Bluetec Sport
Bluetec Sport Premium

I think for a start the Bluetecs are 201bhp whereas the BE models are 168bhp?

thanks

There's three things at play:
1. Engine
2. Trim
3. Package.

1. Engine
Bhp depends on the badge. 220 is 168bhp and 250 is 201bhp. It's the same OM651 Engine just mapped differently.
MB called the diesels 'Bluetec' when launched W205 but some genius in MB finally worked out that just putting 'd' after the badge confused punters much less than the half dozen different things MB have called diesels over the years.

2. Sport is SE bit with lowered suspension. Full LED lights. 17" rims standard. Plus other stuff.
AMG line. Sport but more aggressive/sportier bumper. Flat bottom steering wheel. Leather stitched dash. Black headlining. 18" rims standard. Looks like it goes faster than SE/Sport but doesn't.

Standard package is the no frills.
Premium gives you memory seats, keyless go, Pano roof and fancy lighting.
Premium plus adds Burmester and COMAND online.

So you can have any of the above permutations. 2x3x3=18 possibilities.

Have a look at the MB catalogue. It's explains the differences better than I can and gives pretty photos.

The one worth getting depends how quickly you need to get to 60, how 'sporty' you want your car to look and how much toys/tech you want. Ride comfort obviously better with smaller rims.

As per profile, I've got a premium plus C200 sport prem+ as I prefer tech and comfort, and don't care about big rims or sporty looks. Not a fan of the black stuff and the C200 actually has more bhp than the C220 (stupid badge designations from MB).

All boils down to personal taste at the end of the day. So many permutations, there's something for everyone. :thumb:

thanks all - yeah i need to have a think about what i actually want! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom