W205 c250 engine management light!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dannyallen89

Car
mercedes c220 amg sport
Hi all
I have owned the car now 6 months unfortunately today the dreaded engine management light illuminated and hasn't gone off, first of all is it safe to drive its Amber but no msg is coming up? Oil and coolant level fine.
Can I be cheeky in hope Is there anyone in the Newcastle area who has a plug in diagnostic tool that wouldn't mind helping out? I can get it in a garage but not until late next week 😬 my warranty runs out next week too.
Thanks guys and girls

Hi all
I have owned the car now 6 months unfortunately today the dreaded engine management light illuminated and hasn't gone off, first of all is it safe to drive its Amber but no msg is coming up? Oil and coolant level fine.
Can I be cheeky in hope Is there anyone in the Newcastle area who has a plug in diagnostic tool that wouldn't mind helping out? I can get it in a garage but not until late next week 😬 my warranty runs out next week too.
Thanks guys and girls
Probably a Nox sensor. Not sure what warranty you have but should be covered, but getting it replaced may mean a long wait as most have been back ordered for weeks. If it is a Nox sensor you can still drive it.

Probably a Nox sensor. Not sure what warranty you have but should be covered, but getting it replaced may mean a long wait as most have been back ordered for weeks. If it is a Nox sensor you can still drive it.

Hi
Thanks for the reply this is what I was hoping it was, I have au assist warranty if it is the Nox sensor I will just get it mapped out as I'm getting the car remapped too save time and money in the long run. I am putting it on a diagnostic later today to find out 👌

Hi
Thanks for the reply this is what I was hoping it was, I have au assist warranty if it is the Nox sensor I will just get it mapped out as I'm getting the car remapped too save time and money in the long run. I am putting it on a diagnostic later today to find out 👌
Hope that 'mapping out' the NOx sensors doesn't result;t in an MOT failure further down the line!

Ernie

Hope that 'mapping out' the NOx sensors doesn't result;t in an MOT failure further down the line!

Ernie
Hi
I have done some research through people in the industry and all say it will be fine mapped off, jobs done now remapped at the same time 👍 time will tell.

keep us informed, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom