W205 c250 jerky gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harri76

Hi just had gearbox oil changed car is jerking from 1st/ 2nd has never done that before 3rd 4th up to 7 are all smooth seems like it is slipping any ideas no faults have come up .

Hi just had gearbox oil changed car is jerking from 1st/ 2nd has never done that before 3rd 4th up to 7 are all smooth seems like it is slipping any ideas no faults have come up .
The first thought that comes to mind was whether the correct oil, MB or known equivalent was used. Was the work carried out by an MB Indy, or Dealership? It will slip a little in first and second, but that is down to the torque converter rather than the gearbox. Seems a strange problem to have following an oil change. You say, no faults come up, were these read by a code reader or the MB Star system?

Ernie

The first thought that comes to mind was whether the correct oil, MB or known equivalent was used. Was the work carried out by an MB Indy, or Dealership? It will slip a little in first and second, but that is down to the torque converter rather than the gearbox. Seems a strange problem to have following an oil change. You say, no faults come up, were these read by a code reader or the MB Star system?

Ernie
thanks Ernie for coming back to me the oil was Mercedes oil and work done by a Mercedes approved mechanic slipping in 1st to 2nd then jerking then D coming up on the dash its going into a auto transmission garage on Friday so fingers cross fault came up something to with clutch?????

Didn't you take it back to the mechanic who did the work ?
I've recently changed mine and the transmission changes slightly better than it did before, I used genuine Mercedes 236.15 ATF and genuine filter on my 7G-tronic plus transmission.

If it was fine before the change, then either wrong oil or wrong level!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom