W205 C250d blank COMAND Screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elan362

Car
C250d AMG line Premium Plus Estate S205 2016
I got into my car this morning and my COMAND screen in my 2016 S205d was blank and doesn't star…
It worked OK last night when I parked, but not this morning - so I can only use the dash to change radio etc - and I have lost my rear parking camera.

On my MBII scanner I have a code B159413 - "The LVDS/HSVL line between the audio or COMAND unit and the audio of COMAND display has a malfunction. there is an open circuit...

Any ideas or is a trip to the dealer? The car is still under warranty..
Thanks
G

Looking at the diagnostic information it sounds as though the LVDS (low voltage differential signalling) cable between the screen and the COMAND unit has an open circuit. If the car is under warranty I'd have it back at the dealer, it is likely it will need replacing. It possibly could even be a faulty display.

In addition to what liamt says above, display fuse is worth checking. Very small chance that display side of the COMAND has broken too (i.e replacement COMAND needed). I've never seen a failed cable though. I hope you are still under warranty.

Changing the display yourself is quite easy if I remember correctly!!

Shame you are not near Comand.co.uk in Lightwater in Surrey as we keep spares of all so could be sure what it is.

R

thanks.
I'm in Scotland so a bit far away :( but still under warranty - so booked in for 8/10/10 for investigation..
Better be careful parking in the mean time!

Bizarre. I got into the car tonight to go home and the COMAND screen worked straight away.
I cleared the codes and they haven't come back.
I'll monitor and see if It re-appears

Id still take it in and let them / tell them do firmware updates on the stereo and screen whilst its still under warranty. And remind them you have reported the fault during warranty so if it continues after the warranty expires you expect them to fix it.

Get them to do the free map update too as at 3 years they can't get free map licence anymore so will charge.

R

I ha
Bizarre. I got into the car tonight to go home and the COMAND screen worked straight away.
I cleared the codes and they haven't come back.
I'll monitor and see if It re-appears
I had the same. Twice.

Hasn’t done it since. That was about a year ago.

if you press the radio volume knob it turns the screen off...have you pressed it without knowing

if you press the radio volume knob it turns the screen off...have you pressed it without knowing
Don't think so. That would not explain the error code. And I thought that muted the stereo?

OOOps! I meant the on of button just behind the radio volume switch
that button turns off the screen and the COMAND system / radio / Media - when I had the fault I still had the radio on and could change channels - just no display

I had this on my car, the local Mercedes dealer did a software update which stopped the blank screen.

Did they charge for this update as mine is doing it too but is out of warranty

My experience is that dealer do charge for firmware updates on cars that are out of warranty. The software itself is free, but I've been charged half hour labour.

My experience is that dealer do charge for firmware updates on cars that are out of warranty. The software itself is free, but I've been charged half hour labour.
Thanks, might have to give that a try as nothing else seems to work. It cam on for a whole 20 hours and I was over the moon then i adjusted the volume and it dissapeared! So frustrating!

UPDATE

I ended up buying a used screen from ebay and had it changed, it worked thank god!! Now i can see when im reversing and even change the temperature to my liking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom