W205 C250D Mod progress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bowen22

Car
C250D coupe
Hi guys,

new here and wanted to post some pics of the new motor. Still got a few bits I want to do but here it is so far. List of changes below:

- chrome splitter and window surrounds wrapped in gloss black
- wheels powder coated gloss black
- gloss black grille
- gloss black boot lid spoiler
- black and silver flat bonnet badge
- mirror caps painted gloss black
- de badge

thinking of wrapping the door handles and painting the rear diffuser but haven’t decided yet. Also considering a map. Any other ideas welcome.

jay

Attachments

• 58265EE4-709F-49C8-86C6-9B82DD9BDE52.jpeg
    58265EE4-709F-49C8-86C6-9B82DD9BDE52.jpeg
    747.5 KB · Views: 79
  • CF98CA10-8757-4144-80E2-5F01A85C410D.jpeg
    CF98CA10-8757-4144-80E2-5F01A85C410D.jpeg
    692.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 43515FCB-5B60-4886-B241-295AB9B2D6C6.jpeg
    43515FCB-5B60-4886-B241-295AB9B2D6C6.jpeg
    647.7 KB · Views: 71
Thought I should post a before photo to...

Attachments

• BBFAF91E-4F75-49E0-83C0-C8E2C61D5F12.jpeg
    BBFAF91E-4F75-49E0-83C0-C8E2C61D5F12.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 36
Congrats. The C coupe does a wonderful side profile but I must admit I prefer the original wheels. Black wheels imo rarely look good.

I have just fitted a pair of the black sill trim extensions that the C63S model has. £70 each from Mercedes. I think they add a lot visually to the side of the car. They have double sided tape on the top edge and a number of click in tabs on the underside and one each end on the top side. I used an appropriately sized strip of metal heated up to make the fitting slots in the original sill cover. I purposely made the two end ones a tighter fit because the stock cars are known for this trim popping out at the ends. I'm really pleased with the result on mine. I'll try to find a picture or snap one myself tomorrow in the daylight.

Wouldn’t mind seeing some photos! I have been looking for other ideas but I don’t want to make it look to much like the C63, otherwise I’m trying to make it look like something it’s not.

Mine is a C63, so hopefully that’s ok ;)

I think the night pack cars come with these strips. My car is blue, so they are quite subtle and don’t stand out that much. I think they’d look great on yours and continue the black at the lower edge of the front bumper around the car and add a little width low down

2872-AA67-9-E26-4927-A9-F0-B764-C62-DEB43.jpg

8-FFF1298-C9-D3-462-E-8413-9-A96-EAF270-A8.jpg

There are some small bits similar to that in my skirts but not as wide. I might wrap them black and the door handles. Don’t want to go over the top and kill it though. They look good on yours!

They fit over the stock scallop that you mention.

That looks really nice...I much prefer the look of the night pack to the standard chrome. I keep toying with the rear boot spoiler for my coupe....I just think they look good.

There are some small bits similar to that in my skirts but not as wide. I might wrap them black and the door handles. Don’t want to go over the top and kill it though. They look good on yours!

I agree, would look good wrapped/sprayed black, pretty subtle but effective.

Wrapped mine in gloss black , car's white so not so subtle . See last week's thread on quad exhausts , posted a photo in the thread.

Hi guys,

new here and wanted to post some pics of the new motor. Still got a few bits I want to do but here it is so far. List of changes below:

- chrome splitter and window surrounds wrapped in gloss black
- wheels powder coated gloss black
- gloss black grille
- gloss black boot lid spoiler
- black and silver flat bonnet badge
- mirror caps painted gloss black
- de badge

thinking of wrapping the door handles and painting the rear diffuser but haven’t decided yet. Also considering a map. Any other ideas welcome.

jay
HI,
I have a question for you but don't know how to message you. Its in relation to a post you put up in May 2018 rovis escrow??
Does this ring any bells?

Looks very nice. Wheels are a bit much for me, however if they had the edge painted or cut in silver I think that would break it up and compliment the black and silver theme.

Yea looks good do the diffuser, but i would leave the chrome tips i reckons, could you not wrap the diffuser or to difficult to do?

HI,
I have a question for you but don't know how to message you. Its in relation to a post you put up in May 2018 rovis escrow??
Does this ring any bells?
nope not me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom