W205 C250D oil leak, fuel smell in cabin, whining/tinny noise when accelerating.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nas500

Car
C250 Sport Bluetec Diesel
Hi All

New to the forum. I was hoping to get some advice from you helpful members regarding my new car I purchased and see if anyone else had the same issues.

Purchased a W205 2015 C250D sport bluetec with 73k miles on it a couple of days ago. Once purchased and drove home I opened the bonnet and noticed small splashes of what looks like engine oil/diesel sprayed onto the engine cover and tiny bit on the air intake pipe right at the front. Also while driving back I noticed when accelerating the car makes a whining/tinny sound and stops if I let go of the accelerator pedal. On top of this I can smell fuel inside the cabin which makes me think there is a small leak somewhere. Also yesterday I opened up the bonnet again and noticed a few more droplets of oil/diesel on the engine cover but this time a fairly larger splash near the dipstick, so I checked that was closed properly and put it back in.

The car drives fine and I cant see any other problems with it.

Not sure if its much help but I have uploaded a picture of the bonnet so you can see the splashes

Anyone got any thoughts on what it could be?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20200930_094920.jpg
    20200930_094920.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
There was this thread from a little while back :

Thanks. That nails the accelerating noise issue which I ha e forwarded to my mechanic. Still need to sort out the diesel smell in cabin and oil leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom