W205 c350e Airmatic Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmer66612

Car
SLK 55
Hi all,

I have been having nightmares about my airmatic suspension.

I left the car parked on our driveway about 2 weeks ago and have come back to it, with all 4 tyres tucked well under the arches. The car doesnt seem to be able to pump itself back up to normal height but the pump is making a noise so guessing it can't be that.

Does anyone know how to fix this or where I should start looking? I can see loads of threads relating to a specific bags going down but none where the whole car goes down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely lost on how to fix it from here.

Thanks,

Alex

I had all 4 corners down and had the car recovered to MB. They replaced the compressor twice as the first failed after 15 minutes running. I posted on this thread:
[W212] Airmatic "Malfunction" error message

In the thread the owner of the W212 had a poor airline connection from the compressor to valve block so an inexpensive fix. Another known fault is the valve block which costs about £105 plus fitting.
iRepair and recovery should be covered by warranty, if out of warranty if you have the care serviced at MB dealer they will arrange a flat bed recovery via the RAC at no cost.
I was lucky that MB chipped in with 50% of the cost of my compressor and fitting but still cost me £312.

I had all 4 corners down and had the car recovered to MB. They replaced the compressor twice as the first failed after 15 minutes running. I posted on this thread:
[W212] Airmatic "Malfunction" error message

In the thread the owner of the W212 had a poor airline connection from the compressor to valve block so an inexpensive fix. Another known fault is the valve block which costs about £105 plus fitting.
iRepair and recovery should be covered by warranty, if out of warranty if you have the care serviced at MB dealer they will arrange a flat bed recovery via the RAC at no cost.
I was lucky that MB chipped in with 50% of the cost of my compressor and fitting but still cost me £312.

Thank you for this, its nice to hear its not just me.

I will check the block tomorrow as there is a block just to the right of the compressor that had a lose pipe going into it.

I will post back once I know whats going on.

Thanks again

Hi again!

Still bad news, I have replaced the valve block but still no luck all four corners are on the floor.

I noticed whilst taking hoses off of the block they all had pressure in them, so am I ok to assume there is no leaks on bags and hoses from there onwards?

Does anyone know if you need to reset fault codes before it will work?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Look you need to get the codes read,so ring round and see if there is a mobile mechanic with a star ,you say in the last post that do you need to reset codes,have you got the codes,if so post them on here,if not get the mechanic,because with the car flat on the bump stops you cannot drive it and unless you have a friend with a transporter,it will cost a lot to get it recovered to a local indy. ,best get the codes read on your driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom