W205 C350e PHEV rattle on cold engine/low revs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beechman

Car
2017 C350e & 2013 C350 CDI
Just I little tip on how I reduced/stopped the rattle on my 2.0L PHEV, the rattle I found was caused by the wastegate rattling in the turbo. I fixed this by putting a spring between the actuator rod and the bolt below the actuator rod that holds the heatshield under the airbox to the turbo. The spring I used was off of my nitro R/C truck that holds the exhaust on part no. HPI 87054.
If people need me to I will try and take pictures

Just I little tip on how I reduced/stopped the rattle on my 2.0L PHEV, the rattle I found was caused by the wastegate rattling in the turbo. I fixed this by putting a spring between the actuator rod and the bolt below the actuator rod that holds the heatshield under the airbox to the turbo. The spring I used was off of my nitro R/C truck that holds the exhaust on part no. HPI 87054.
If people need me to I will try and take pictures
hello i have the same problem with my c450 amg 2016. can you take pictures how you fix it ?

sounds great this does, seems to affect a lot of Mercs. My C250 cdi has this annoying little rattle. Most people don't hear it but I can and its def the part you have described. So interested to see a pic, Nice swan..

F0B9C77D-E990-4B1A-8202-027345F3F8A1.jpegI took the air box off to take pictures, when I added the spring I also removed the heat shield but it was a complete pain in the **** to get off/on so I didn’t take it off for the pictures. So the first thing to do is locate the turbo actuator if you don’t know what this looks like prob best not to be working on a car 😂. Once the actuator is found there is an actuator rod that goes from the actuator to the turbo wastegate (this is the part that is rattling on my car). I hooked the spring around the actuator rod and stretched the spring a bit to not put to much pressure on the rod, then I found a screw/bolt to hook the other end of the spring around (heat shield threaded stud and nut on my car)

Attachments

• 3316E823-E524-4293-ADB9-3BA2AB5C0DD5.jpeg
    3316E823-E524-4293-ADB9-3BA2AB5C0DD5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
The is a very common complaint and our 2019 E450 does it. MB say its normal.

I don’t think it’s a complaint limited to MB cars either I know of other manufacturers that have the same problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom