W205 C63 AMG convertible - visual mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mavg

Car
C63 Convertible W205
Hi all

I have just bought a w205 c63 convertible. Super happy and will be my first “proper” amg having owned a couple 43 (and 450) models before.

I am on the fence about cosmetic mods (not really interested in improving performance for my use and being convertible).

The car I bough is white and with standard 18s like the one below

My initial thoughts were “night pack it” with the front “lip” on vents in black, matt black wheels, black mirrors, spoiler and the small black detail on side skirt. But saw a picture of one like that and not sure I am convinced:

1684435817934.png

I have now seem one and considering whether a better option, with all “normal” like it was, but with black badges and the upgraded wheels:

I would welcome thoughts as I have been going back and forth….

My challenge on the wheels (of the last option) i as I understand they are staggered 19 fronts ans 20s rear? Is that right? Ebay uk they are pretty much all replicas and not staggered that way.

Any ideas? I would rather a used oem than new replica. Is that indeed the best option?

Thanks well and looking forward to the ownership!

Attachments

• 1684435809062.png
    1684435809062.png
    442.7 KB · Views: 1
Congrats on the new car.

There is something to be said for a non-night pack car on 18s that is quite pleasing. And I said that as someone with a black, nightpack car on 19s.

If you do any visual mods I’d keep them subtle.

I think if you change the wheels - keep them silver, personally.

Nice car but if you do wheel's id stay silver aswell as mentioned above

Which wheels would you recommend if staying with silver wheels in that case? Thanks

Lovely motor you've got there, Black detailing a White car does look good, but definitely NOT
Black wheels, they don't look good, stick with nice shiny Silver wheels, 5 spoke look great and easy to clean, all my opinion of course. 😉😎🙂👍

Which wheels would you recommend if staying with silver wheels in that case? Thanks

The 18s are nice or the staggered 19/20s in silver IMO.

Possibly the 5 spoke C63s wheels would be an interesting choice.

+1 for silver wheels, the advantage of 18's is a bit more rubber surrounding them so less likely to suffer damage from the dreaded potholes

kc

IMHO black and white is a sporty look versus silver and white is a more claasy (expensive) look. If your going to go for a sportier look by covering the chrome trim, I would go the full monty and get some black rims. Of course, you could go rice n chips and get some diamond cut rims.

Lovely car for a female congrats!
Sexist!.....there are male hairdressers too you know!

Only joking OP.

....personally I think black wheels never look good.....with the possible exception of gloss black ones on a fully murdered out all black car. On lighter colours it just makes the wheels look small and lost in the dark of the arches.

Btw.....posting the same question in different forum sections is not normally needed!

Last edited:
Lovely car for a female congrats!
Haha thanks, and here I was, thinking all the macho owners were M4 drivers….got the Merc community wrong! 😂

Thanks for all the comments, might consider keeping the silver wheels and now decide whether on the oem ones 18” or move it up slightly.

I wanted a more sporty look than classy - will be used strictly as a weekend car, being my third car

Cheers

Just been to the garage to check the car and I think you are all right in keeping it stock...Looks plenty good enough as is

Thanks all

The only thing that tweaks my OCD is the satin chrome on the window sill right next to the bright chrome on the door handle. I night packed mine to get rid of it. Except the door mirrors. I like them body colour

Congratulations! Very nice car.

A lot is personal taste..I would stick to silver wheels on white. MB Carbon Fibre packs look good and pop out on white nicely. You can also get individual parts like CF mirrors and rear spoiler etc. Judicious use of black satin?

Don't worry about the hairdresser jokes, normally it's people who don't have any hair to dress who make them. My Brabus C63S 600 cabrio usually silences them. Or a go in Stirling Moss's 300 SLR, if they know what that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom