W205 c63 Amg Service B

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How long have you had the car, and who arranged and paid for the third service - was it the previous owner/keep or a trader/dealer? Perhaps the previous owner knew they intended to sell soon after and so had the bare minimum service done in order to say it had been serviced every year, likewise a trader wanting to sell with maximum margin might do the same.

It certainly hasn't got a Full Service History without the spark plugs, automatic transmission fluid and differential fluid changed. Unfortunately I've seen this far too many times when looking at secondhand cars. Once a car is older than 2 years old it's unusual to find a car which really has had all scheduled service actions performed. Service plans are growing in popularity which should help.
Well, technically it does have a full service history in that there is a full history /record of what's been serviced. However, it clearly doesn't have a full service history in accordance with the manufacturer's service schedule; it's a play on words and is certainly not within the 'spirit' of what people generally expect FSH to mean.

Unfortunately, it seems to be something that is cropping up more and more often and highlights the need to check invoices against the 'record'. I'm often amazed at how some relatively expensive cars are 'run' by 'owners' who scrimp on basic servicing requirements, possibly not surprising when some people find out how expensive some fairly basic service items can now be.

The best service record I've seen (years ago) in a car was a 10-year old Bentley, for sale af a franchised RR dealer, that had been sent back to the factory, by its only owner, every 3-months for servicing and came complete with several fully-stamped service books (remember those?) and supporting invoices. The car was immaculate and I initially thought that it done 30,000 miles but closer inspection revealed 130,000 miles. I digress.

Well, technically it does have a full service history in that there is a full history /record of what's been serviced. However, it clearly doesn't have a full service history in accordance with the manufacturer's service schedule; it's a play on words and is certainly not within the 'spirit' of what people generally expect FSH to mean.

Unfortunately, it seems to be something that is cropping up more and more often and highlights the need to check invoices against the 'record'. I'm often amazed at how some relatively expensive cars are 'run' by 'owners' who scrimp on basic servicing requirements, possibly not surprising when some people find out how expensive some fairly basic service items can now be.

The best service record I've seen (years ago) in a car was a 10-year old Bentley, for sale af a franchised RR dealer, that had been sent back to the factory, by its only owner, every 3-months for servicing and came complete with several fully-stamped service books (remember those?) and supporting invoices. The car was immaculate and I initially thought that it done 30,000 miles but closer inspection revealed 130,000 miles. I digress.
Service every 3,250 miles. Depending upon the age, would that be about right if it’s an older car? If I remember right, a Turbo R from the 1990s was every 6,000 miles, so perhaps an older model could be lower.

Cheers Bobby, we'll I haven't actually got a service contract it was supposed to start on Monday when I pop in for my service B, on the phone 2 days ago I only gave my sort code and account number, nothing else. Then ofcourse I realised once I got the confirmation email that it's only an oil change and brake fluid which I thought doesn't sound right.

I'll see what the total cost for everything will be on Monday without a service plan and see if they can offer a discount.

Cheers everyone!
One of my cars has a service plan which works out at £720 per year (or £60 per month) - although I paid up front and got 20% off as part of a promotion.

The service which was due at that time was an A-service with brake fluid, which cost £430, so I paid and saved the service plan for the following service which will be more.

Note: Services must have been used within 6 months of the end of the service plan.

Watch out, as I think the supplying dealer may only contribute £340. I would have the service carried out at TJ O’Neills.

Update:

So I had my service B yesterday with the spark plugs and ATF change, essentially it came to a total of £1,190 although £40 was the front wipers which I knew I needed. Managed to get a discounted rate and charged me £1,000 on the dot for everything, including the wipers ha!

Specliast was £800 and MB without the wipers would of been £960, think I done the right and as advised from you all, just go to the dealer for that extra £160!

Anyways attached, is my paid invoice, hope it's not missing anything!

Screenshot_20210119-132459.png

You now have this valid until your next service -

No not quite, it costs them £400 to do it in house, hence the £400 which ironically does work out 50% of the specliast cost.

I will see what MB Glasgow have to say, they said they will contact me just after 6 from the Service team leader and I'll explain it to them about this contribution but I have a feeling for all the work it will be in excess of £1,000 at MB.

Will update again after MB call me back but nonetheless I am happy with the offer. To be honest I was expecting to fork out the full cost so any bit helps!
Hi , I have a service plan with Mercedes : What I do is when I book the service I ask them what work will be done.I obtain the contact name.When I take the car in I ask again work work will be done and when collecting the car what work has been completed.

I always inspect the paperwork given to me prior to leaving the dealership / and check car over for any bumps etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom