Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
2014 Mercedes C-Class W205 full body prototype first spy photos

Wowzers, it doesnt seem that long since I posted up the very 1st W204 photo

The shape of the panel covering the grille on the front fascia hints that this aspect may be a little more oval than on its predecessor. Of what we can see of the headlights, it shows hints of the styling used by the new CLS, a little higher and wider than the current C-Class and it wraps round from the front end to the side panels giving an overall sportier appeal.
It is a little too early to confidently predict the engine options that the next generation C-Class will employ. There have been rumours that Mercedes are developing three-cylinder engines, but it is more likely the C-Class will get four-cylinder units that would reduce the engine to operating on just 2-cylinders when less power is needed.
What we can confidently predict is that the C-Class will be getting hybrid options. If the products already offered by the German manufacturer are any indication, we should see the petrol and diesel units coupled with an electric motor that develops around 27 PS (20 kW / 27 hp).

2417807061495211841.jpg

2032937388809112136.jpg

1317441874640617929.jpg

6444756081066670069.jpg

8691042312051635374.jpg

Last edited:
In images 1,4&5 the front wheels look smaller than the rears? But in image 2 they look larger? Strange visual illusion ...

Apart from some funny rear lights I can't see a great deal of difference.

I hope that the grill isn't oval and that it's all for camouflage... Good to see it being worked on though. It really doesn't seem that long ago since the 204 was in the cladding.

Is it me by the way, or do car makers like to drive in the snow when testing out new cars - a lot.

Apart from some funny rear lights I can't see a great deal of difference.

I think that's the whole idea.

All that padding and covers are there to stop you seeing what the thing looks like.

Lets just home there is more difference between the W204 and W205 than there is between the new 3 series and the one it replaced. That looks like a mild facelift.

Those rear lights are only generic functional ones to make it road legal, if you closely you can make out the shape in the chassis which they will eventually look like.

This car will end up looking like a smaller CLS.

I seem to recall a CLS looking B class a while back

I hope they keep the upright star - at least as an option!

If it is a "mini" CLS then I will be very happy :)

Bumping an old-ish thread, but I've been forwarded a link to what is supposed to be uncovered shots of the W205 ???????

Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-rendering-1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-rendering-2.jpg

Is this for real ??????????????

They aren't 100% real - not unless the reflection of that tree on the first one's bonnet is really a snazzy spray paint job lol.

If they are true representations though, I'm not too sure about that backend, not from that angle at least. That 'fat lip' it has under the grill at the front where the number plate is - also a bit off putting...

I like that - except maybe the fog lights, round ones just seem so dated looking to me now.

Of course it does look like an Aston, so it's never really going to be ugly lol

They do share a lot of looks the new C (mockup?) and this mondeo, and the 3 series, etc etc... I think these car companies are starting to play a little safe, there's hardly any more 'wow' factor to regular car's designs at all any more.

Clearly a computer generated render rather than the real thing but that does look rather nice

I can't see bubbling in the wheel arches so going for rendering myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom