W205 C63 Amg - Strange spot on Alloy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazzao

Car
W205 C63 Amg
Good evening all!

I understand this is my first post on here but I have been on this forum as a viewer for awhile! Anyways let's get to the point, I have a 2017 c63 amg with extremely low mileage around 13k and all my alloys are absolutely spotless with not even a kerb scratch!

However, today I noticed a really strange spot it literally looks like a cigarette burn but I thought don't be silly surely not... I thought maybe the car wash but then again all the other alloys do not have a single speck of damage or even a scratch!

See the photo below for the alloy in question and also photos of all my other alloys!

Any input would be appreciated!

Thank you all!

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0013_01.jpg
    IMG_0013_01.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0011_01.jpg
    IMG_0011_01.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20201215-195231.png
    Screenshot_20201215-195231.png
    738.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20201215-195314.png
    Screenshot_20201215-195314.png
    886.1 KB · Views: 47
Looks like the lacquer coating has peeled, possibly due to a stone chip or similar and corrosion has set in. Do you use an acid-based wheel cleaner?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the replies! To be honest I was on the motorway last week and did hear a large stone chip but thought surely it hit of my window, must of been the alloy! I don't use any acid based wheel cleaners however last time I washed the car myself was a month or two again, I have been using a hand car wash service but they are really highly rated and far from cheap!

I guess I will need to get it refurbished, quite annoyed I need to get the full wheel refurbed for just a small spot😡 Any recommendations in Glasgow? Also I don't even know the name of the color on my alloys, it's a strange gun metal with little sparkles on it if that makes sense!

Well I know the good wheel companies near me, I have no idea of a place in Glasgow I would see if they can just machine the face of that wheel,and leave the rest,I hope a member can give you a place near you,there are some poor wheel people out there.

If it was my wheel I wouldn't get it refurbished , seen too many flaky ones. Why not get someone like Chips Away to paint the mark. It would be a pity to refurbish such a nice alloy for such a mark.

If it was my wheel I wouldn't get it refurbished , seen too many flaky ones. Why not get someone like Chips Away to paint the mark. It would be a pity to refurbish such a nice alloy for such a mark.
I completely agree, absolutely gutted to get the full thing done for just a little mark! I never knew you could just get a small section done, will definitely contact chips away tomorrow!

Thanks a lot man!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom