W205 C63 battery issue ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickMM

Car
C63 Saloon
Could do with some advice.

My 66 plate C63 is giving me the low battery warnings. Car still starts ok but had been left for about a week. I had it on charge for around 6 hours yesterday using a Noco Genius G1100 on the AGM mode (1.1A that I bought primarily for my bikes). The battery indicator on the charger went from below 25% to between 25-50% after 6 hours. Then after I turned the ignition on for a couple of minutes (without starting the engine) the battery was back below 25% again.

By way of background, it’s another case of the stop/start never working regardless of the type of driving I do (mostly faster A roads and motorway).

So, does the battery sound like it’s on the way out ?
How long should it take to fully charge ?
I've also got an old basic 4A charger (with minimal safety features). Would I be better off using that?

If so then is it something that’s covered under the 2 year AMG warranty which I still have?

If not covered under warranty and I can’t come to some agreement with my local dealer then can I just get one from Tanya batteries and fit it myself ? (or will the car’s software need to be told it’s got a new battery ?)

Lots of questions so thanks for any advice.

...So, does the battery sound like it’s on the way out ?...

It most certainly does.

Can't help with your other questions I'm afraid, someone else might have the answers.

My AMG A35 has had the same error, but the cars been starting fine. Took it for a 15 minute fast motorway detour enroute to the supermarket and the error has gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom