W205 C63 Cupholder cover won't stay closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And my panoramic roof won’t tilt or go back

Same thing happened to me a while ago. If I remember correctly the lid comes off from underneath. Look for a ridge underneath and you can pry it up and it slides off. Sorry can’t remember where the 12v socket unplugs, must be a cable somewhere? Good luck.
Can you add anything to your removal process? I've pulled on the ridge - parallel to the top surface, but can't seem to budge it. Th

Hey I’m new here. I’m having the same problem but my pin is still in its place
Are you sure it's completely in place? See the photo on ET0609's post of 3/17/21. The end of the pin nearest you (rear of car) is bent 90 deg. and goes down into a hole. Also make sure all 3 retainers are intact. The forward end of the pin you can't see goes into a plastic retainer which is part of the cupholder housing, and which could also be broken.

If I remember when I stripped mine to have it dipped, you grab it and slide it towards you (towards the armrest) and it pops off.

Watch the video below......this is the technique I used and it worked.

As for the chrome AMG badge, I purchased the stick on one from Ebay and it looks fine.....Had my W205 C43 Piano Black Centre Console Hydro Dipped | Interior

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This video is of an E Class and does not apply to W205/C300's. It shows the entire lid, including the facia (top) coming out as one piece. On the W205, the lid is permanently attached to the hinges and springs, and only the facia, which matches the car/model's interior. See my other post today.

Christmas greetings from the US all:

My W205 C300 lid also won't stay closed, due to a collection of things that slipped back there, and my trying to close it one too many times before extracting them. My problem is that I cant get the cover off no matter how hard I pull. Everything I can see has been removed. The video is poorly lit and narrated in Japanese, but he appears to simply pull it off the hinges. Am I missing something?
Update: I removed the entire console because I couldn't figure out how to expose the surface shown in ET0609's photo of 3/17/21. I was also confused by the video posted on 4/6/21 by vijilants, until I realized it was for an E Class (see my other reply to this). I then removed the cupholder/storage housing from the console (which would have been necessary anyway if any of the plastic retainers holding the pin were broken - including the one that the pin locks/unlocks into. I then found that the lid had a hole in the rear where the pin would have protruded, and that the facia (top) of the lid is removeable. It slides toward the front but not easily, especially if it's being removed for the 1st time. After I got the top off, I took these 2 photos to show how the parts of the lid are connected. The two round lugs (1) on the bottom of the facia (top edge is forward on both photos) snap into the plastic retainers on the top of the lid (1). There are also 4 rectangular lugs along the top of the facia (2) and 2 more in the center (3), all of which snap into recesses in the lid (2,3)., which make it even harder to slide the top off. (Other posts to the contrary, the cigarette lighter did not have to be removed.) The pin shown in the photo is one I was making when I couldn't find the original. It does not yet have the 90 deg. bend on the bottom to fit into the hole. Fortunately, I hadn't yet replaced the facia when I brought the console out to the car, because the original pin was in my driveway!

Attachments

• Facia,bottom.jpg
    Facia,bottom.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Lid, top.jpg
    Lid, top.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom