W205 C63 Front disc and pad change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just picking this up again.

Merc parts on eBay seem like an option, although they are around £540 for the pair. I've then seen ATE at Euro Car Parts (£264) or Delphi at GSF (£190) and also Mintex on eBay at £142.

When I had my rears changed I used ATE from ECP and I'm tempted back towards them, however they don't appear to sell pads.

Does anyone have experience of Delphi and/or Mintex??

Having done my first track day, with more on the cards, I’m now looking for the most economical way to replace disks and pads on my S205 C63.

These look right based on the description but why do they look to be made out of clay? :)

So clearly Brembo is the OEM here.

360 or 390 mm ?

I would be looking at floating discs...

Having done my first track day, with more on the cards, I’m now looking for the most economical way to replace disks and pads on my S205 C63.

These look right based on the description but why do they look to be made out of clay? :)

They come painted matt grey. Where the pads touch cleans off the first time you touch the brakes. What’s left stops them going rusty. Not forever though…

They come painted matt grey. Where the pads touch cleans off the first time you touch the brakes. What’s left stops them going rusty. Not forever though…

Thanks, really helpful.

I have a non-S model so would it need the matt grey disks opposed to the second ones I linked?

I had no idea there was a difference in the breaking system between the S and non-S. I’m pretty happy with the price difference, and after driving an S at MB world yesterday, in my amateur hands there’s very little difference.

Last edited:
It's an easy job changing brakes, brake pads. Do it your self if you can. 10 minutes each corner and you can get the parts from eurocarparts too.
I just compared ECP to genuine parts from Mercedes of Newcastle (on ebay)
This is for my s205 c250d 2015,
ECP £555, Genuine bits from Merc £414

It surprised me but I'm going for the genuine bits of course.

Genuine is always best! Unless you break something and get a upgraded part 😂

Did you have a promotional code use at ECP? The reason I ask is that their pricing model is designed to be based upon large promotional codes being in place every day.

As a result their undiscounted pricing is usually very expensive. Adding the promotional code - usually 40% or thereabouts - puts their pricing where you’d expect it to be.

Regardless, main dealers can be very competitive on brake parts - especially those trading online - and the original Mercedes parts are better quality than most aftermarket parts.

When I use ECP now the discount is already applied, so the "before" price seems to be just plucked out the air 😉

Yeah ECP price was with the usual 40% off.
I didn't mention that those prices were for a full set (front and back) so I got discs, pads, grub screws and sensors for £414 from Mercedes of Newcastle (ebay).
I now received them all and the pads with a Merc stamp on them are Ferodo.

And now I have an Auxillary Battery Malfunction warning, think I'll give the main battery a good charge and see where I stand with that!

Did you have a promotional code use at ECP? The reason I ask is that their pricing model is designed to be based upon large promotional codes being in place every day.

As a result their undiscounted pricing is usually very expensive. Adding the promotional code - usually 40% or thereabouts - puts their pricing where you’d expect it to be.

Regardless, main dealers can be very competitive on brake parts - especially those trading online - and the original Mercedes parts are better quality than most aftermarket parts.
Discount was already applied, that was for full set front/back.

Yeah ECP price was with the usual 40% off.
I didn't mention that those prices were for a full set (front and back) so I got discs, pads, grub screws and sensors for £414 from Mercedes of Newcastle (ebay).
I now received them all and the pads with a Merc stamp on them are Ferodo.

Genuine Ferodo Eco Friction :D

Any suggestions as to where to buy pads? Euro Car Parts have discs (ATE) but no pads. Autodoc have pads, but most of them seem incredibly cheap (£16 are the cheapest), and not like the ones in the video.

Cheers
Best place is auto doc. They take a few days to come. Mercedes use TRW discs pads and callipers

If you are driving an AMG, I would strongly recommend that you source genuine Mercedes pads via the dealership or the dealerships who sell via ebay and purchase genuine pads.

Cheap pads are noisy, don't fit well, won't provide the same stopping performance and more hasstle than what they are worth, especially on a performance vehicle such as an AMG.
Mercedes don't make pads or discs or even callipers. They use the manufacturer TRW Yiu can get them from the auto doc appt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom