W205 C63 mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fordgt40

Car
C63 AMG estate
I did a trip to day and was mighty impressed with fuel consumption, 101 miles average speed 51mph and 37.1 mpg, I've no idea why it was so good I've never got anywhere near that before, all I can say is it's a good 10mpg better than my old 204 C63 on the same journey, I'd post a pic of the readout but I don't know how to do it, what mpg are you all getting?

It's only got half a engine compared to the proper c63 of course it's more efficient and bland, boring etc ;0))

I'd wouldn't say it's boring and bland, I've owned 4 w204 C63's, all estates, in standard form with one or two exceptions the new one is better all round, it's faster for one thing.

I think they're both good in their own way!
if you were getting 27mpg out of the w204, that's seriously impressive... max I've got is 24mpg on a clear run at 70mph

I did a trip to day and was mighty impressed with fuel consumption, 101 miles average speed 51mph and 37.1 mpg, I've no idea why it was so good I've never got anywhere near that before, all I can say is it's a good 10mpg better than my old 204 C63 on the same journey, I'd post a pic of the readout but I don't know how to do it, what mpg are you all getting?

That's excellent for a car with such performance. How hard were you trying?

You should of got a C43. They get even higher figures due to smaller engine. Would suit better doing 51mph than the fully blown 63 counterpart.

That's excellent for a car with such performance. How hard were you trying?

75 ish on motorway 50 ish on ordinary roads, I must admit I was trying to eek it out a bit by anticipating traffic, on the return journey, I drove in my normal manner, I'm not addmiting my motorway speed but it did increase by quite bit, a lot of stop start traffic and overall mpg for 220 miles was 34.4 and that was door to door, it's not normally that good, no idea why.

You should of got a C43. They get even higher figures due to smaller engine. Would suit better doing 51mph than the fully blown 63 counterpart.

I don't by cars for economy it was just I had plenty of time to get to a meeting and with the amount of traffic on the roads I was using, 51mph is a reasonable average I can assure you.

I don't by cars for economy it was just I had plenty of time to get to a meeting and with the amount of traffic on the roads I was using, 51mph is a reasonable average I can assure you.

Maybe not but your post is about mpg and what other people are getting so I suggested a 43 might of suited better for that purpose, nothing else. :thumb:

Maybe not but your post is about mpg and what other people are getting so I suggested a 43 might of suited better for that purpose, nothing else. :thumb:

Point taken, no offence was intended.

Got 27.5 mpg from aberdeen to Glasgow a couple of weeks ago....the average speed cameras between Perth and Stirling help the economy....
143 miles.....2 1/2hrs....27.5mpg....57mph av.
W204 C63

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/craigmountain2/media/IMG_1920_zpsyuqdediy.jpg.html][IMG]

25 mpg on my trip to portsmouth, i use to have a C220 that did 64 mpg on this run but It wasnt as much fun. I had to fill it up while I was there, short runs, then fill it up to get back. It is still better than i thought. I was expecting high 'teens.

I love it
Best thing I've ever owned.
That includes bikes.
:thumb:

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/craigmountain2/media/IMG_1920_zpsyuqdediy.jpg.html][IMG]

25 mpg on my trip to portsmouth, i use to have a C220 that did 64 mpg on this run but It wasnt as much fun. I had to fill it up while I was there, short runs, then fill it up to get back. It is still better than i thought. I was expecting high 'teens.

I love it
Best thing I've ever owned.
That includes bikes.
:thumb:[/QUOTE]

That's roughly what I used to get with mine, foot down in the low teens, the new one this morning returned 25.2 on a short 8 mile gentle journey from cold, mind you it is hot here at the moment so maybe that's the reason.

I'm impressed, I can get a touch over 30mpg on a long journey in a W205 estate, I shall have to try harder!

I'm impressed, I can get a touch over 30mpg on a long journey in a W205 estate, I shall have to try harder!

I see you're from Derbyshire, my journey yesterday was to my agent in Ticknall.

I filled up with my usual Shell nitro plus, maybe it was a good batch because like you it's usually just over 30 for the same journey.

fordgt40 said:
I see you're from Derbyshire, my journey yesterday was to my agent in Ticknall. I filled up with my usual Shell nitro plus, maybe it was a good batch because like you it's usually just over 30 for the same journey.

Nitro is a new formula now with 99ron rating, maybe your seeing the benefits of the new fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom