W205 C63 Replacment Rear Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

96SPEC

Car
W205
Hi All,

MB advised rear pads have 2mm left @13500 miles and will need replacing shortly. MB quoted me £400+ with a major chunk of that being MB pads are approx £300 although you can pick them up on ebay for ~229+

A.B.S branded replacement pads can be picked up for £30 from Germany without the additional components (bolts, replacement guides) or £45 inc. Otherwise Brembo set with components are ~75 or Zimmermann ~95

Saving money at the detriment of quality or worse safety I agree is a no go however what are peoples thoughts with pads here. I am assuming the fronts are still the original and they have 5mm left. From reading there is suggestion that the rears experience greater wear due to the various traction/stability controls via braking to keep the rear in place.

MB rightly point out their OEM products go through a lot of testing etc etc and counterfeit products shouldnt be advised but with names like A.B.S and Brembo I'd have thought that these would be more than reasonable replacements and thoroughly tested.

Any thoughts on this or if you have replaced pads what have you gone for? I am doing the pads myself and have actually ordered the A.B.S pads.

I fear the you get what you pay for argument but I am genuinely puzzled at the price differences between MB pads and even the likes of Brembo here.

FYI the prices I am quoting are coming from autodoc

The ABS pads are here https://www.abs-bv.com/pdp/35086

Last edited:
I tghink Zimmerman are oem suppliers anyway. Somebody here will know....and Brembo are generally well thought of when it comes to brakes as they are on virtually every serious supercar. Just the price of having the star on the box I expect.

Textar rear pads are also OEM on Mercs, Pork and work great.

I've got them on the back and they are unsurprisingly indistinguishable from stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom