W205 C63 Service A - "Additional Service Items" suddenly appeared !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickMM

Car
C63 Saloon
I was looking at booking my car (66 plate) in for Service A at 18,700 miles.
When I checked 2 weeks ago (before going on hols) the price quoted on the MB on-line booking system was approx £400.
However, when I went to book in yesterday the quoted price is now well over £800. The extra cost seems to come from "Additional Service Items" (replace spark plugs, air filter, lube sliding roof mech). These items don't appear in the standard "Required Service Work" (at this point) and didn't feature when I checked 2 weeks ago.

Are these "Additional" things essential at this service interval ?
The service assistant at the local dealer states that not having these "Additional" item done could "affect your warranty and your mobilo/breakdown cover".

I’d question the spark plugs. Our identical car is on 27k and on the original plugs.....sunroof lube and air filters I agree with.

I might just do that. The "Replace spark plugs" comes in at £347 !! :eek:

It's also odd that these items weren't "required" on the system 2 weeks ago ?

It’s really annoying dealing with the dealers. A lot of the people working there literally have no clue.

According to the ESS, spark plugs are replaced every 46,500 miles or 3 years.

In addition (and this may not be the case for your car, depending upon the exact model), the ESS lists transmission oil and filter change once at 31,000 miles/3 years too.

RickMM read your manual, it answers your questions.

When I checked 2 weeks ago (before going on hols) the price quoted on the MB on-line booking system was approx £400.
However, when I went to book in yesterday the quoted price is now well over £800. The extra cost seems to come from "Additional Service Items" (replace spark plugs, air filter, lube sliding roof mech). These items don't appear in the standard "Required Service Work" (at this point) and didn't feature when I checked 2 weeks ago.

The service assistant at the local dealer states that not having these "Additional" item done could "affect your warranty and your mobilo/breakdown cover".

Essential?

Yes if you want to maintain a proper service history, warranty, mobilo and the chance of goodwill.

Plugs should be removed periodically to prevent them seizing in place.

Oh and get a service plan as all those items are included automatically and not added on..

My SLK 55 , 12 plate, is on its second set of plugs at 21500 miles and will have the plugs changed again at its next service in 6 months tine when it will be 4 years since the last time they were changed, thank goodness it's on a service contract which I took out when I bought it.

They don't have a clue.
They did my transmission oil change rather than spark plugs @ the four year service on my E63.
Overfilled the engine oil too.
Dealer experience dreadful on all levels, comfortable sofas though.
Independent experience superior, sparks all in @£190

RickMM read your manual, it answers your questions.
The "manual" I've seen doesn't itemise what's required at each service interval.
I'd be grateful if you could point me in the direction of a manual for a 66 plate C63 that does ?

Essential?

Yes if you want to maintain a proper service history, warranty, mobilo and the chance of goodwill.

Plugs should be removed periodically to prevent them seizing in place.

Oh and get a service plan as all those items are included automatically and not added on..

Fair enough, perhaps I should just stop wingeing and pay up !

The "manual" I've seen doesn't itemise what's required at each service interval.
I'd be grateful if you could point me in the direction of a manual for a 66 plate C63 that does ?

Fair enough my manual does for my w204 Amg.

Cheers

I think possibly because your car was just under 3 years old when first checking, and the second time around it was slightly older than 3 years perhaps ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom