W205 C63 Stage 1 Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ndb79

Car
2017 C63
Hi all, I have a W205 C63 which I’ve had for three years nearly and I’m looking to get a stage one remap. I keep coming across a company called Litchfield in Tewkesbury which is about an hour and a half from me, or the place mentioned in an earlier thread called MSL which is in Birmingham and just over 2hrs away. I’m inclined to go to Litchfield and I wondered if anyone has any experience of having the remap done at Litchfield? Thanks in advance

Sorry I can’t comment on Litchfield,but I know MSL are highly respected/recommended, if you have a C63, I’d go with well reviewed people, so I’d take a trip to Birmingham if I were you

Or Anthony at GAD in Burnham on Crouch. Also knows these cars well. He’s done a few jobs for me, always been spot-on

Sorry I can’t comment on Litchfield,but I know MSL are highly respected/recommended, if you have a C63, I’d go with well reviewed people, so I’d take a trip to Birmingham if I were you
Thanks, sound advice 👍🏻

Hi all, I have a W205 C63 which I’ve had for three years nearly and I’m looking to get a stage one remap. I keep coming across a company called Litchfield in Tewkesbury which is about an hour and a half from me, or the place mentioned in an earlier thread called MSL which is in Birmingham and just over 2hrs away. I’m inclined to go to Litchfield and I wondered if anyone has any experience of having the remap done at Litchfield? Thanks in advance
Hi, so Litchfield Imports made thier mark in the Subaru Impreza world. They took the jap import Impreza STI and created the Lichfield type 20 and type 25 on the blobeye and later on the Hawkeye developed in partnership with cosworth the MK2 Type 25. All got covered in the likes of EVO magazine, they won various trophies in the time attack series. When the Nissan GTR came out they turned thier hand and knowledge into tuning this again with great success. Eventually the jap scene died out and they moved onto the German car scene. On various forums I've scene posts where they have worked with manufactures to develop and suspension, exhausts etc for many a make and model. They know thier stuff.

I would however still look at MSL, GAD purely as they both come highly recommended on/in the Mercedes scene and particularly on here. Not saying Litchfield won't provide you a decent map and service yet MSL being 30 min more I'd go to where the masses suggest.

???

Think you're being a bit premature that - where did you hear the JDM tuning scene 'died out' for Litchfield?
Should have been more specific in the 90's I to the 2000's the subaru scene was huge, imo this started to reduce form around 2010 and by this point Litchfield were more heavily focused on the GTR with it's release on or around 2008. I don't see or read much re Litchfield on the various forums I frequent.

Should have been more specific in the 90's I to the 2000's the subaru scene was huge, imo this started to reduce form around 2010 and by this point Litchfield were more heavily focused on the GTR with it's release on or around 2008. I don't see or read much re Litchfield on the various forums I frequent.
Fair enough, I said that because pretty much every GTR that appears on my AT automatic search has been ‘tickled’ by Litchfield. So they’re still pretty popular I’d say!

Or Anthony at GAD in Burnham on Crouch. Also knows these cars well. He’s done a few jobs for me, always been spot-on
Thanks, will take a look
Hi, so Litchfield Imports made thier mark in the Subaru Impreza world. They took the jap import Impreza STI and created the Lichfield type 20 and type 25 on the blobeye and later on the Hawkeye developed in partnership with cosworth the MK2 Type 25. All got covered in the likes of EVO magazine, they won various trophies in the time attack series. When the Nissan GTR came out they turned thier hand and knowledge into tuning this again with great success. Eventually the jap scene died out and they moved onto the German car scene. On various forums I've scene posts where they have worked with manufactures to develop and suspension, exhausts etc for many a make and model. They know thier stuff.

I would however still look at MSL, GAD purely as they both come highly recommended on/in the Mercedes scene and particularly on here. Not saying Litchfield won't provide you a decent map and service yet MSL being 30 min more I'd go to where the masses suggest.
great background thanks, super helpful

We do lots of them as well, a few cases re doing them where the car had been tuned previously and it was night and day on driveability!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom