W205 C63s Reading Lights

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Aibonator, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Aibonator

Aibonator Active Member

Car:
    C63S Saloon
    Into week 2 of ownership and I've just noticed none of the interior reading lights work? The fuse map doesn't indicate which one they are on. Thought I'd check that first before booking it in at the dealer

Any ideas?

2. ernie

ernie Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C Class, W205 Sport 2018
    Stupid question from me...but have you tried the overhead switches and not just relying on them coming on with the doors? Other than that, it looks like a Dealer visit!

Ernie

3. Happytalk73

Happytalk73 Week in the cooler

Car:
    Vito
    Stupid question from me too. You've got a 205 C63s, do you really want to read?:dk:

Ant. :D

4. Sambo

Sambo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2 x MB
    Put your other hand under the rear view mirror whilst turning the map reading lights on and off.

People make the mistake of not noticing the lights position under the rear view mirror.

If it's not that then I cannot help further I'm afraid.

5. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    Do they come on in daylight?

6. OP
    OP
    Aibonator

Aibonator Active Member

Car:
    C63S Saloon
    It's the whole interior light cluster that appears to be dead. The buttons near the mirror don't switch on the interior welcome lights or the reading lights underneath the mirror. There is power because the sun roof works and the call buttons are active. Just when you want to put the light on at night so the kids can see where the seat belt clips are - nothing.

Oh and that's my only annoyance so far with the car is that when the child booster seats are fitted in the rear they sit over the seatbelt connectors so you have to constantly move the seats to get the kids plugged in.

I'll drop it into the dealer later today and report back.
    Thanks.