W205 C63s Reading Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aibonator

Car
C63S Saloon
Into week 2 of ownership and I've just noticed none of the interior reading lights work? The fuse map doesn't indicate which one they are on. Thought I'd check that first before booking it in at the dealer

Any ideas?

Stupid question from me...but have you tried the overhead switches and not just relying on them coming on with the doors? Other than that, it looks like a Dealer visit!

Ernie

Stupid question from me too. You've got a 205 C63s, do you really want to read?:dk:

Ant. :D

Put your other hand under the rear view mirror whilst turning the map reading lights on and off.

People make the mistake of not noticing the lights position under the rear view mirror.

If it's not that then I cannot help further I'm afraid.

Do they come on in daylight?

It's the whole interior light cluster that appears to be dead. The buttons near the mirror don't switch on the interior welcome lights or the reading lights underneath the mirror. There is power because the sun roof works and the call buttons are active. Just when you want to put the light on at night so the kids can see where the seat belt clips are - nothing.

Oh and that's my only annoyance so far with the car is that when the child booster seats are fitted in the rear they sit over the seatbelt connectors so you have to constantly move the seats to get the kids plugged in.

I'll drop it into the dealer later today and report back.
Thanks.

It's the whole interior light cluster that appears to be dead. The buttons near the mirror don't switch on the interior welcome lights or the reading lights underneath the mirror. There is power because the sun roof works and the call buttons are active. Just when you want to put the light on at night so the kids can see where the seat belt clips are - nothing.

Oh and that's my only annoyance so far with the car is that when the child booster seats are fitted in the rear they sit over the seatbelt connectors so you have to constantly move the seats to get the kids plugged in.

I'll drop it into the dealer later today and report back.
Thanks.
Sorry I have the same issue all the internal light stop working ? Did managed to fix yours , !!! Did you find out what the issue is ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom