W205 C63S 'things'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good luck with the future choice.

Other than the creaking dash that sounds like an old rocking chair and something loose in the steering column area mine is going well. Got it booked in at the dealer now to look at the creaking dash as I picked an American colleague up at Heathrow this week and he was very impressed with my car until he heard the dash creaking. It's embarrassing in an expensive car.

My w204 made more noises than this car though (it went back after 3 days as centre console was chirping away) but the guys sorted all those out.

Sorted the 'something loose in the steering column area' - it was the ODB/data port cover not closed properly :)

M5 ordered yesterday. Comes to £10k more than my almost fully loaded C63S (Quite a few of the options on the M5 as well) and £200 a month less. Larger discount, 0% APR and higher residual to thank for that. Just cannot beat the offers BMW do.

I looked at a lot of different types of cars. By the way drove a new A4 and I'd say they've probably got the nicest interior / tech of the compact execs now. So the new RS4 with rumoured electric turbos might well give the M3 / C63S a real good run for the money next year. If your in the market for a C63 or M3 and can wait, might be worth seeing what Audi manage as probably announced March next year.

I figure couple of years give or take for the next gen M5, another year maybe if there's any issues to sort out and I'd be around 3 years in. Also the new E63 if Merc can sort their build issues but until all of that, I'll have the F10 M5 to enjoy. I don't think I'll be rushing into any makes new car after the Merc experience, give them a year or two to sort the issues.

Last edited:
M5 ordered yesterday. Comes to £10k more than my almost fully loaded C63S (Quite a few of the options on the M5 as well) and £200 a month less. Larger discount, 0% APR and higher residual to thank for that. Just cannot beat the offers BMW do.

I looked at a lot of different types of cars. By the way drove a new A4 and I'd say they've probably got the nicest interior / tech of the compact execs now. So the new RS4 with rumoured electric turbos might well give the M3 / C63S a real good run for the money next year. If your in the market for a C63 or M3 and can wait, might be worth seeing what Audi manage as probably announced March next year.

I figure couple of years give or take for the next gen M5, another year maybe if there's any issues to sort out and I'd be around 3 years in. Also the new E63 if Merc can sort their build issues but until all of that, I'll have the F10 M5 to enjoy. I don't think I'll be rushing into any makes new car after the Merc experience, give them a year or two to sort the issues.

Congrats FastLane. Enjoy!

BMW are countering Mercedes Benz's surge with with cracking finance deals.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I will try and use as leverage for my purchase in spring.

FastLaneJB said:
M5 ordered yesterday. Comes to £10k more than my almost fully loaded C63S (Quite a few of the options on the M5 as well) and £200 a month less. Larger discount, 0% APR and higher residual to thank for that. Just cannot beat the offers BMW do. I looked at a lot of different types of cars. By the way drove a new A4 and I'd say they've probably got the nicest interior / tech of the compact execs now. So the new RS4 with rumoured electric turbos might well give the M3 / C63S a real good run for the money next year. If your in the market for a C63 or M3 and can wait, might be worth seeing what Audi manage as probably announced March next year. I figure couple of years give or take for the next gen M5, another year maybe if there's any issues to sort out and I'd be around 3 years in. Also the new E63 if Merc can sort their build issues but until all of that, I'll have the F10 M5 to enjoy. I don't think I'll be rushing into any makes new car after the Merc experience, give them a year or two to sort the issues.

Enjoy

What colour did you go for ?

I've had my F10 M5 three months now and it is a very good car indeed. It's what I would call a very accomplished car. I don't yet love it like I have any of my AMG cars but it's a better all rounder. It desperately misses the aural drama of the AMG cars but I'm looking at fixing this in January.

I have got a hankering though to look at maybe trading it in next year and back to another AMG daily but in the meantime it's a very pleasant change.

yes, enjoy the M5 Fastlane - obviously a quality car (but too big for me).

I have been messing with the suspension modes a bit these last two weeks and I can tell a difference in Sports + compared to comfort - not just in firmness but you can feel the front end of the car really tighten up in Sports + - which feels good.

I was wondering if the dynamic engine mounts in the S play a part here and if so, are they 'off' in comfort, on in Sports or Sports + etc - I guess we will never know because the local MB dealer wont be able to tell us..

My understanding is the active mounts activated in Sports + and Race settings.

I was tempted by an M5, like Fastlane, but as I was changing from the S for varying reasons I gave it a miss. The deal offered by the dealer on a very low miles nearly new car with the spec I would like was stunning. Fortunately over my self imposed budget.

Enjoy

What colour did you go for ?

I've had my F10 M5 three months now and it is a very good car indeed. It's what I would call a very accomplished car. I don't yet love it like I have any of my AMG cars but it's a better all rounder. It desperately misses the aural drama of the AMG cars but I'm looking at fixing this in January.

I have got a hankering though to look at maybe trading it in next year and back to another AMG daily but in the meantime it's a very pleasant change.

Ordered the car in Sakhir Orange. I like to travel under the radar ;)

I had one for 2 days when considering the C63S and it became my second choice. Agree the AMG's definitely sound better and I wanted the smaller car. However it's quicker, more comfortable and cheaper. Ordered my wife a new Mini Clubman fully loaded with the difference. Apparently the most expensive Mini they've ever sold at that dealership. Also a great deal and getting 2 cars from the same dealership got me a great deal overall.

I'll miss things like Active Cruise Control but hey nothing is perfect.

Well got car back today after finally finding the time to get the creaking dash looked at - it's a not uncommon problem according to the Internet and I had heard it was the suspension struts that were actually the issue and the service guy rang me to say they had 'replaced a suspension part' and it actually wasn't the dash - when he told me this I had to pop out of a meeting so I didn't dig for details. Anyway, picked it up today and the creaking is 100% gone :)

Current plans are get the car on Surrey Rolling Road to see what it puts out and get it to Bedford for a track day - best way to experience a car.

Not done the RR but do have a track day booked this month, although I may take my M3 for that. So its just over 4000 miles now - interesting evolution of my thoughts:

I no longer feel the ride is too harsh - weird that, maybe I got used to it - its fine now.
The build quality is overall better than my 204 - once the creaking suspension or whatever it was they replaced, the car makes no noises at all - even after going through the winter, whereas my 204 seemed to suffer more (dash, sunroof etc)
Noise - sounds good still
Looks - I like it - it has that understated AMG q car quality but people know there is something special. I was next to a new M3 in traffic the other day and it looked slightly too modified, I'm sure it was lowered, white with black mirrors - looked mean for sure but just a touch too barry boy.
Traction breaks easily on boost in 2nd - still not convinced with the Dunlops - the car definitely breaks traction more than the 204

I still have only seen one other W205 C63 on the road, which was in London - they are not common it seems.

Its like all cars, this one took longer but I really like it - cant wait to see the new Coupe as that is going to look fantastic I am sure.

Dunc

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Dunc. Really glad you're smitten. I would be too. My dream car for sure.

Enjoy mate. :thumb:

Ant.

Dunc

You don't happen to know the exact part that needs replacing, my "dash" has started the creak too.

Steve

Dunc

You don't happen to know the exact part that needs replacing, my "dash" has started the creak too.

Steve

I checked the paperwork and it says "noise traced to front suspension stops", so not clear but maybe top mounts or something but it definitely solved it. Seeme to be not uncommon as there were many threads on US forums about this creaking.

I'll give the local dealer a shout later this week.

As for other things, on average what temps are your cars running?

Steve

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'll give the local dealer a shout later this week.

As for other things, on average what temps are your cars running?

Steve

90s maybe 94 average from memory, which is much lower than the 6.2 as that used to be around 110-115 commuting , also the car takes much longer to warm up compared to the 6.2.

Cleaned it yesterday, so it looks great and with it being such a lovely day today, went out for a drive, which also means on the saloon you can lower the rear windows, which you can't do on the coupe - and it sounds fantastic - the 205 sounds like a lion roaring :)

Yeah roughly the same as mine temp wise, for some reason I though it would run hotter, the fan certainly stays on longer.

Gave mine a good clean and wax with Fusso Soft 99. Then I got really sad and got the toothbrush out and polished the wheels..

Steve

Interesting theM178 end 105 in traffic and about these same as yours when in clean air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom