W205 C63S 'things'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DuncS3 said:
I have noticed on the new car it appears to have some bugs when using the iPod - for example, select a playlist, that has multiple songs then change to random track order via the command interface and it just plays the same song over and over (as if the playlist only has 1 track). Then go back to non random playlist and it will let you play all the songs in the playlist but it still displays the first track you played on the display.

I use a 160Gb iPod and I experience the same issues you're mentioning. Even if you play through an album the track name doesn't change when the track being played does. It is particularly noticeable when skipping back or forward to other tracks. Like you, I'm going to demand a new car every year for life... :)

I still think the suspension is poor - to me it just seems a touch too harsh, even in comfort mode - most noticeable over poor quality roads - I think its the damping rather than the springs - simply not compliant enough. So if it is like riding a cloud compared to the A45, I dread to think what that must be like! I am also basing my comments from experiences coming from a previous W204 C63 and also having a track car with pricey aftermarket suspension fitted. It seems to me that the car is especially stiff at the rear on my car - IMO.

The ergonomics are wrong on the car (you mention heater controls) - for example - on the passenger side of the mouse you can select using the button what suspension settings you want and the button lights up to indicate what you have selected - so comfort setting equals no lights, sport one light and sports+ two lights - but you cannot see the lights because of the mouse in the way - minor thing but just pointing these out for those that might be interested.

I also think the ride is very firm in comfort and absolutely
undriveable in any other mode.

The rear of the car is a Air-Matic setup and the fronts normal steel so this may have something to do with the pi$$ poor ride.

My cars back at the dealers for a squeaking dash at the moment and has been back twice prior in the space of a month.

Not very happy if i'm honest.

My dash is creaking, not squeaking - your car is'nt from Guildford is it?

Mine is currently in with dealer for solving the creaking dashboard - allegedly it's fixed today so we'll see tomorrow.

Just on the ride question, it's a sports car, it's supposed to be harder in sport mode... I also don't think it has airmatic suspension on the rear Weeps, happy to stand corrected.

Air suspension is only on the estate for self levelling. You guys are making me nervous with all these comments. My C63S build date is 28th Oct and I was looking forward to a rattle and creak free dash after my current W204 C63. I was also looking forward to a more comfortable ride. I mainly test drove the new car on the Brooklands track with only a short drive through Weybridge to hear the sports exhaust which the track car didn't have. I did think the ride was firm but chose to ignore it. Maybe not so clever

;)
My dash is creaking, not squeaking - your car is'nt from Guildford is it?

It sounds almost like rubber on glass when it's cold,after a while it disappears. It's intermittent so they put chassis mic to locate it but don't think they had any joy.

I'm convinced it's from the central front of the dash. I'm seriously thinking of getting rid and moving back to Audi.

Air suspension is only on the estate for self levelling. You guys are making me nervous with all these comments. My C63S build date is 28th Oct and I was looking forward to a rattle and creak free dash after my current W204 C63. I was also looking forward to a more comfortable ride. I mainly test drove the new car on the Brooklands track with only a short drive through Weybridge to hear the sports exhaust which the track car didn't have. I did think the ride was firm but chose to ignore it. Maybe not so clever ��

If I remember correctly it said something about rear Air Matic with the rest of the spec on the configuration PDF???

For me the ride is better than the previous car and the wife stopped moaning.... Almost perfect the car then ha ha ha

Steve

Yes but you had a A45 :)

So my opinion is that the damping on this new C63S sort of sucks - there is a difference between firm sporty/race suspension and poorly damped suspension. At the rear it is just over the threshold where it is annoying to me. I then question why on earth it has multiple modes such as comfort, sports and sports+ when comfort is this firm. I can only imagine sports+ would be useful on a track but how many C63s will go on a track - maybe 5%.

The E63 I have atm has the same modes for suspension and comfort is comfort, as I would expect.

Regarding creaks and rattles - tbh I think these are per the course on the older C63 - I had my 507 back in the dealers a few days from new as it had a really annoying noise from the centre console and sunroof - it was mostly sorted so it was okay but it is worse in the winter. Although my new dash is creaking over bumps, I do feel the new car is better quality. One reason I didnt get Premium pack and hence sunroof was because of risk of extra noises.

GSEH88 said:
Air suspension is only on the estate for self levelling. You guys are making me nervous with all these comments. My C63S build date is 28th Oct and I was looking forward to a rattle and creak free dash after my current W204 C63. I was also looking forward to a more comfortable ride. I mainly test drove the new car on the Brooklands track with only a short drive through Weybridge to hear the sports exhaust which the track car didn't have. I did think the ride was firm but chose to ignore it. Maybe not so clever

Don't be nervous! The car is a class and a half above the old C63, which I had previously. The dashboard rattle is annoying but they say they've fixed it and I'll update the group when I find out later. In every other respect the new C63 is simply excellent and I am personally very happy with the firm-ish ride in comfort and absolutely wonderful feeling in Sport and Sport + sure, if you're dashing up the motorway you don't do that in Sport, but for country roads it's stunning and just what you need.

On country roads in sport/sports+ I would bounce off into the undergrowth :)

It is a quality car no question - I'll tell you one thing, after driving an e63 for a couple of days that has no camera at all - I can't live without the 360 camera - that is the best gadget ever - I find it amazing.

I must also say that although I might sound critical of the new car, I am actually happy with the car, I just like to really compare and some items that might seem criticisms are more likely informational comparisons.

I also need to add that I wasn't impressed with the sound of my 507 until I had the cats removed...so the new car does sound good - but I would want it a touch louder.

Oh and did I say how much I LOVE the 360 camera, the interior, the steering wheel feels fantastic, the low speed rumble/bass is out of this world and it is blooming fast.

So the rattle has gone! Yay! I didn't get a chance to talk to the service manager but I emailed him and this is what they did:

We have removed the front struts and applied a certain grease that Mercedes say to use on certain points of the top of the struts.

The rattle starts at this point and resonates down towards the dash

So the rattle has gone! Yay! I didn't get a chance to talk to the service manager but I emailed him and this is what they did:

We have removed the front struts and applied a certain grease that Mercedes say to use on certain points of the top of the struts.

That's exactly what my dealer did to my car. Just got it back today and so far all seems fine.

I must also say that although I might sound critical of the new car, I am actually happy with the car, I just like to really compare and some items that might seem criticisms are more likely informational comparisons.

I also need to add that I wasn't impressed with the sound of my 507 until I had the cats removed...so the new car does sound good - but I would want it a touch louder.

Oh and did I say how much I LOVE the 360 camera, the interior, the steering wheel feels fantastic, the low speed rumble/bass is out of this world and it is blooming fast.

+1 For the 360 camera. It's properly the best gadget on the car.

I drive on my country roads on 'Individual' settings which at the moment are set as Sport+ but with the suspension on comfort. Works really well. I shall be tweaking the diff soon as the tight setting of Sport+ is too much for the slippery roads and I need a bit of slack in the diff.

I must add that my local roads are smothered in mud and other slippery substances that farms and the local quarries deposit on them in liberal quantities. Add damp weather and things get a bit interesting.

Interesting. I've a rattle in the middle console but it hasn't been bugging me too much as the passenger door noise I'm getting even on smooth roads is the one that's been annoying the hell out of me.

Seems like some of you have managed to get a rattle free car in the end so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Not having much luck with my car unfortunately. Think I've had enough and asked for a refund on it yesterday :(

Wow! That's such a shame. I'm sorry for you.

Ant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom