W205 C63S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tomoliver91

Car
W205 C63S
Evening All,
Not sure if a previous thread has already been posted.
Last Thursday I collected a 16 plate C63S from MB Temple Fortune (the less said about this dealership the better)
On Saturday, I was greeted with an EML, after popping into the local MB dealership at Stafford and being told they couldn’t help as they were far too busy I called roadside assistance who sent out a very helpful engineer. He plugged into Xentry and told me it needed a software update but there was a misfire on Cylinder 4 and unknown. New software added and eml went. However 6 miles later the same issue occurred. I waited 4.5 hours for recovery who couldn’t deliver the car to my local dealership at Wolverhampton as it was now closed.

I’m led to believe that it may be spark plug or coil pack related but I’ve read some horror stories where it seems to be an ongoing issue..
just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and if it was a simple fix or whether to reject the car and find another?

thanks Tom

If the car has been stood a while and you undertook a long journey, it will indeed be a coil pack. If you bought from a dealer you will (or should) have the benefit of the approved used warranty. Its unfortunate the dealer is busy, but they should be able to sort you out quickly (as a priority) if you have been recovered in. It is a simple fix.

As long as your car hasn't had a shoddy remap, you shouldn't have any problems with bent rods caused by failed coil packs/knock sensors.

If the car has been stood a while and you undertook a long journey, it will indeed be a coil pack. If you bought from a dealer you will (or should) have the benefit of the approved used warranty. Its unfortunate the dealer is busy, but they should be able to sort you out quickly (as a priority) if you have been recovered in. It is a simple fix.

As long as your car hasn't had a shoddy remap, you shouldn't have any problems with bent rods caused by failed coil packs/knock sensors.
I’m unsure of how long it’s been stood, they couldn’t confirm when I asked either. I’ve done 256 miles since purchase, 120 were retuning from temple fortune. It was recovered but currently unsure of its whereabouts as Recovery said it would be delivered this morning, MB said it hadn’t been delivered and recovery company supposed to have called me back and haven’t.
as far as I’m aware completely standard, not sure if it has/had been mapped previously but brought as a standard car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom