W205 Chrome Trims have strange spots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBAK

Car
W205 C220D
Hi all.

I recently bought a 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205 Chassis) and there seems to be weird spots on all the chrome trims. They can be felt by nail and feel as if they have dug into the surface. I have tried polishes like Auto Sol whilst being careful (i'm not sure if they are chrome plated plastic or metal) but they won't budge.

Is this likely to be be a tfl defect from hand car washes and if so whats the best way to remove (or does it mean replacing them - at a huge cost!)

Could you post some pictures of the trims, may help identify what has happened.

Hi all.

I recently bought a 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205 Chassis) and there seems to be weird spots on all the chrome trims. They can be felt by nail and feel as if they have dug into the surface. I have tried polishes like Auto Sol whilst being careful (i'm not sure if they are chrome plated plastic or metal) but they won't budge.

Is this likely to be be a tfl defect from hand car washes and if so whats the best way to remove (or does it mean replacing them - at a huge cost!)

This topic has been covered before, try a search on Chrome Trim, I seem to remember that Water Marks were the usual culprit,but not what the cure or fix was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom