W205 Class - TomTom Traffic - 3 years free now expired

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Forestier

Car
W205 C200 AMG PREMIUM PLUS AUTO ESTATE
As per title, message flashed up on Comand Nav screen telling me I now have to renew my subscription.

Logged in to 'Mercedes me' and redirected to Connect store.

As usual, my details port across including reg number and services activated.

On live traffic order page, my reg number shows but below the reg number box is a small red square followed by message telling me 'Not available for your vehicle'. The blue button to add to basket is greyed out.

Phone Mercedes me helpline and very helpful person checked vehicle details and declared it to be a technical problem.

She has raised a ticket with tech support, should hear back in 24/48 hours.

Will update once problem fixed.

Thanks - do let us know what transpired...

Thanks - do let us know what transpired...
Will do, just checked but no change yet.

I thought it worth posting this as my car must have been an early one as reg date is 26/09/2014 so one of the first to reach this point?

Got excited when I saw options for online map & software updates on the Connect store but I read that it's not for my W205 version of Comand.

They started about a year earlier I think... mid to late 2013.

Regarding the online map updates, the MB helpline told me that the automatic online map updates are only available for the first 3 years i.e. while the updates are free (presumably to relief the pressure off the dealers), but after the first 3 years the automatic online updates are no longer possible and the updates muat be done by purcahsoing the next release and installing it manually. I have no way of verifying this though....

Still no fix from Mercedes me.

Contacted again but via message option on Mercedes me website.

Got a quick response from 'Lena' who said she could see no problem at her end and would pass to technical support.

I then sent her a screen grab showing the 'Not available for your vehicle' message.

That was on Thursday but not response as yet.

I have this problem as well. I haven't called Mercedes yet (I'm at work and it isn't easy) so will watch this with interest.

I called them on several occasions ans they were very helpful over the phone.

00800 9777 7777

Thanks markjay, if I don't hear back from my message by the time I get home this evening, I will call them.

I called them on several occasions ans they were very helpful over the phone.

00800 9777 7777

Calling that number was my very first action and, yes, they are very helpful but are reliant on their techies for the actual fix.

I phoned it again yesterday and was assured my problem resolution was in hand. He said it has been escalated twice, presumably in response to my requests for information.

He was sure it would be resolved this week. Just checked and no change yet!

Still no change this morning, but, tried just now and success!

Connect store says Live Traffic available for your vehicle. I went through the purchase routine, (1 year @ £39 as I will change to a GLC sometime in the coming year).

Also, on my Mercedes me webpages, I now have 13 services available, 11 were activated as before. I needed to activate the new entry for Live Traffic so now there are 12 active services. (The 13th is titled "Digital Assistants" and allows you to use Amazon Alexa device to do what you can do with app on your phone. I won't bother with that one).

Out to car.
First power on of Comand Nav - Traffic - Subscription - "No subscrition"
Turned ignition off & back on and repeated.
This time "Subscription in place - expires 5/10/18"

I notice on my 'Mercedes me' pages that the car details now have the Country of registration field showing 'United Kingdom', it was blank before. I think that could have been the glitch?

Good service from support staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom