W205 Conversion from Sport to Classic/Elegance - Video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
As some of you will be aware, earlier this year I updated our W205 C-Class from the Sport Spec to the Classic/Elegance model which is not available within the UK.

I have finally created a video on this, my longest one yet. It took me an age to create this video I hope you enjoy it :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HOoJF0G.jpg

MdIUyPi.jpg

v4gaf4a.jpg

Were you tempted to see what the "gunsight" star looked like with the Sport grill?
Too many stars perhaps...

Were you tempted to see what the "gunsight" star looked like with the Sport grill?
Too many stars perhaps...

It would look horrible. It’s one or the other.

Funny world we live in where going “backwards” from the “top” model trim to the “bottom” ends up with a better looking car.

Well done Karl, looks to be a brilliant job and a massive upgrade.

It's a strange concept to me as I almost always prefer facelift cars but I personally prefer the classic look.

It suits it perfectly.

I see it on the 222 S all the time and I much prefer it to the blingy style grille.

Probably an age thing or maybe as less common it's more exclusive. :dk:

Great video Karl, very much enjoyed watching.

Nice Job...a couple of questions...would it not have been easier to just change the grill...and add a bonnet star?
Plus when your exterior door handle lights fail...can you do another video as It was great to watch and I know lots of us would like to see the door led's being replaced..
Cheers Ed

Thanks all for the comments! - first time making a story/mini feature :)

Nice Job...a couple of questions...would it not have been easier to just change the grill...and add a bonnet star?
Plus when your exterior door handle lights fail...can you do another video as It was great to watch and I know lots of us would like to see the door led's being replaced..
Cheers Ed

You can just change grill unlike older models which is point of this video, you have to change the entire front bumper. :)

I might make a video on the door handles as I have seen alot of people have had problems with them .

great job :thumb:, and cool video, my type of vid...I had a headache converting front end of E55 to E63.
Quick question pls have you ever used http://www.ckmcardesign.com/ for any parts or bits & bobs? was thinking bout getting some shiny bits from them.

great job :thumb:, and cool video, my type of vid...I had a headache converting front end of E55 to E63.
Quick question pls have you ever used http://www.ckmcardesign.com/ for any parts or bits & bobs? was thinking bout getting some shiny bits from them.

Not used them myself, have seen some of their videos. Regarding their facelift conversions might be better to source from your Dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom